Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Thumbs up for you CA!

Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #22

Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 761

What really is a "gun guy"? Im sure I dont look like it... More of a barefoot, long-haired hippie type....

Old 06-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #23

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
What really is a "gun guy"? Im sure I dont look like it... More of a barefoot, long-haired hippie type....
THIS is Gun Guy. No prior military experience, no training in general, but thinks he's coolest guy on the firing line.

That's why I always say it not only the BGs we need to keep a eye on, its Gun Guy who wants to be a hero so bad but is to much a wimp to join the Service that is just as much a menace.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #24

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

"Mall Ninja" or "Internet Commando" are probably better terms for what you're getting at. I think most people here would use the term "Gun Guy" in a positive way not like "Comic Book Guy".

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-05-2011, 03:47 AM   #25

These pictures are hysterical. I actually want get a vest and some other gear, incase SHTF and I need to carry around mags and such. I also want to take a take some tactical training courses, just to be proficient should I ever need it. And I plan on going into law enforcement after college, so an early start on training can't hurt. But I don't wanna be called a mall ninja

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 06-05-2011, 04:19 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The photos mostly depict Mall Ninja's. However, the guys you need to never, never, ever mess with are the undercover Retail Security Operators.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #27

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Do you mean the 7.62 x 39mm?? The 7.62 x 33 is a common round for the M1 Carbine and I think there was a German trench gun chambered for it. Not really "prominent" in the modern era.

And that is one of the reasons that I respect you and hope you someday step up to Supporting Membership. You have a rare view, and we as a forum, need that from time to time to make sure we remain on top of our game.

While the Left is still my enemy, you are welcome inside the lines of Casa d' Dillinger when the Space Zombies invade.

JD
Yes...I meant the 7.62x39. I have no idea how I didn't type that right. Wow...that was mildly embarrassing. Anyways, I would gladly be part of your Zombie killing party. And believe me, if I had the cash, I'd definitely become a supporting member. It's just that it's hard to get a job anywhere, especially when you go to a boarding school. The cash I have goes towards necessities for the most part. This summer I'll hopefully get some extra coin and buying my way into the bunker is definitely high on the list of things to do.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 06-05-2011, 12:41 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The way I grew up was you took your handgun in a holster than would fit and your rifle on your shoulder. We wore jeans and work boots or tennis shoes.

Today I still do the same. I too get a chuckle out of some dork dressed like a Commando at the range.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/

Old 06-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #29

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Tactical Pants CHECK
Fancy High Dollar Range Bag (Dillon) CHECK.
Sling on AR CHECK
Fancy Earmuffs NOT YET.

OMG I'm a Mall Ninja

Last edited by CA357; 06-06-2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: no need for name calling

Old 06-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Given the relative width and weight of the Hi Point pistol, I find an IWB ineffectual. I hope my carry system doesn't make me a "Gun Guy".

images_items_902-311.jpg