Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 02:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
Good looking Ploofy, I see some here are getting my point. Plus it's fun just to poke at gun guy once in a while.
Yeah. Generalizations about the gun owning community is a great time.

The Left makes an active hobby out of it.

"Gun Guy" as you describe him, could fit 100 categories here at FTF.

You're new, so I think it will take some time for you to assess the locals and get to know the lay of the land.

JD

Old 06-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Yeah. Generalizations about the gun owning community is a great time.

The Left makes an active hobby out of it.
Heeeeey! I worked hard to get my BDUs and wash them in my sweat and the blood of all who oppose me. Same with my boots, though those have a fair amount of my blood in them, too. Besides, nobody liked guns more than the Soviet Union.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 06-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Heeeeey! I worked hard to get my BDUs and wash them in my sweat and the blood of all who oppose me. Same with my boots, though those have a fair amount of my blood in them, too. Besides, nobody liked guns more than the Soviet Union.
I was not referring to you. I don't believe that we have crossed words yet given our differences.

And the US Homeowner is a much stronger advocate for personal firearms ownership than the collective of the former Soviet Union.

If you doubt that, read some history of the civil war versus life under Stalin.

JD

Old 06-04-2011, 02:52 AM   #14

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
I was not referring to you. I don't believe that we have crossed words yet given our differences.

And the US Homeowner is a much stronger advocate for personal firearms ownership than the collective of the former Soviet Union.

If you doubt that, read some history of the civil war versus life under Stalin.

JD
Meh. That sounds like a lot of work. I just love everything that fires those 7.62x33s. And I feel the responsibility to defend the left whenever it's challenged. I mean, not a lot of other people here to do it. I never take it personally, certainly not from you.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 06-04-2011, 02:59 AM   #15

Quote:
I just love everything that fires those 7.62x33s.

Do you mean the 7.62 x 39mm?? The 7.62 x 33 is a common round for the M1 Carbine and I think there was a German trench gun chambered for it. Not really "prominent" in the modern era.

Quote:
I mean, not a lot of other people here to do it. I never take it personally, certainly not from you.
And that is one of the reasons that I respect you and hope you someday step up to Supporting Membership. You have a rare view, and we as a forum, need that from time to time to make sure we remain on top of our game.

While the Left is still my enemy, you are welcome inside the lines of Casa d' Dillinger when the Space Zombies invade.

JD

Old 06-04-2011, 03:49 AM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
It has been said, I think by a woman first "The Only Thing that Separates Us from the Animals Is Our Ability to Accessorize.

Well a woman dolling up for a date has nothing on "Gun Guy" going to the range. went to a local outdoor range,Usery, and it was amazing.

Grown men were on fashion patrol!! Tactical pants with shooters button up shirt.I wear jeans, but have a 'shooter' shirt I never wear that my wife bought me. I've worn button up shirts my whole life, what are you trying to say? High dollar range bag from their favorite gun makers web sight. No it's from Cabela's. Before the wife bought it for me I used a cloth tool bag I've had since I was a kid. shooting gloves for a .25!! I saw it! Never wore gloves for shooting.

Also, for the AR fan base it seems that slings are the bees knees! Slings that let em hang at the ready for any position on the clock. I think someone said they're 3 point sling or something like that. I'm not sure. Um...ARs are long guns...slings are almost a mandatory necessity for any kind of stability while shooting a long gun unless you're shooting from a bench all the time.

Also saw a lot of special blacked out boots. I've worn work/combat boots my hole life. I roll my ankles all the time in tennis shoes. I've got to have something that laces up past my ankle, and I like wearing clothing that leaves me prepared for anything. Some of the best cheap boots I've found have been from army surplus stores. Also popular are exotic holsters. Like fake or not I'm not sure, but looks like alligator, sting ray, all kinds of things. So what's wrong with having nice stuff? Does that automatically make you a poser? OH! big now are those sonic head phones with dials and what not. what ever happened to just ear plugs then muffs on top? I guess it just doesn't look cool enough. I've never worn both at the same time but I know a lot of people do. I'm still using ear muffs from Kmart that my Dad bought me about 25 years ago, but when they wear out, I'M SO GETTING THOSE ELECTRONIC MUFFS!

If ever the SHTF, do yourself a favor and keep your head very low around "gun guy"
I know what you're saying. Buying the gear and looking the part doesn't give you experience, but conversely most people who are really into any sport will over the years pick up a whole collection of accessories that make life easier, or just look cool. Hell, I buy guns based on them 'just looking cool'.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 AM   #17

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:

While the Left is still my enemy, you are welcome inside the lines of Casa d' Dillinger when the Space Zombies invade.

JD
Not all the way in of course, just close enough to draw the zombies within killing range...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #18

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

My wish list has a pair of those "dial in earmuffs" on it. As JD said they are great for being able to communicate without having to remove them or yell.
I wear ear plugs and muffs when I shoot my rifles. I have constant ringing in my ears and don't want it to get worse.

We see decked out hunters from the metro areas here every fall. Nobody from the sticks wears upland game pants with matching shirts and vests, but for those who wear work casual every day and don't have grubby work clothes who can blame them for getting "hunting clothes"? We don't care, it just identifies them as visitors. Good for them to come out here where the real world is.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 06-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #20

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 786

Thats F-ing Hilarious CA !!!!!