Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"?

It has been said, I think by a woman first "The Only Thing that Separates Us from the Animals Is Our Ability to Accessorize.

Well a woman dolling up for a date has nothing on "Gun Guy" going to the range. went to a local outdoor range,Usery, and it was amazing.

Grown men were on fashion patrol!! Tactical pants with shooters button up shirt. High dollar range bag from their favorite gun makers web sight. shooting gloves for a .25!! I saw it!

Also, for the AR fan base it seems that slings are the bees knees! Slings that let em hang at the ready for any position on the clock. I think someone said they're 3 point sling or something like that. I'm not sure.

Also saw a lot of special blacked out boots. Also popular are exotic holsters. Like fake or not I'm not sure, but looks like alligator, sting ray, all kinds of things.OH! big now are those sonic head phones with dials and what not. what ever happened to just ear plugs then muffs on top? I guess it just doesn't look cool enough.

If ever the SHTF, do yourself a favor and keep your head very low around "gun guy"

Last edited by DodgerBlue; 06-04-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2011, 01:58 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
Agreed indeed......

Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

he is referring to mall ninjas:

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 06-04-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
he is referring to mall ninjas
Is he?

I have electronic, noise cancelling earmuffs for me and my girl. It makes educational instruction easier.

I have holsters in Kydex, three types of leather and one rare animal skin.

Suddenly I am a mall ninja because of it??

JD

Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #6

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

It's like if you go to play paintball and you see people dressed up in surplus ACUs or BDUs who try to be all tactical but are obviously just people with a lot of money to throw around. You don't become a better shooter if you shoot wearing jump boots that you got from god knows where with your pants bloused. (I think thats what he was talking about)

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Last edited by Ploofy; 06-04-2011 at 02:34 AM.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5308 Times on 2772 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Is he?

I have electronic, noise cancelling earmuffs for me and my girl. It makes educational instruction easier.

I have holsters in Kydex, three types of leather and one rare animal skin.

Suddenly I am a mall ninja because of it??

JD
well he is trying to refer to that i think. maybe im giving him too much credit

my hearing protection is pink earmuffs from gander mountain and my range bag is a backpack from walmart. but im just cheap in a lot of ways.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #8

My Collection So Far.. Taurus Mod.80 .38 spl Beretta Mod.950 .22Short

Old 06-04-2011, 02:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
well he is trying to refer to that i think. maybe im giving him too much credit

my hearing protection is pink earmuffs from gander mountain and my range bag is a backpack from walmart. but im just cheap in a lot of ways.
Oh man, thought you had my back but you back tracked. But it's ok. That is what I meant. It's just your pictures do so much more justice than words ever can.

My hearing protection is from wally world and as a range bag i use an old Craftsman drill bag.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
It's like if you go to play paintball and you see people dressed up in surplus ACUs or BDUs who try to be all tactical but are obviously just people with a lot of money to throw around. You don't become a better shooter if you shoot wearing jump boots that you got from god knows where with your pants bloused. (I think thats what he was talking about)
Good looking Ploofy, I see some here are getting my point. Plus it's fun just to poke at gun guy once in a while.