Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/you-yourself-do-you-know-gun-guy-43416/)

DodgerBlue 06-04-2011 01:54 AM

Are you yourself or do you know "Gun Guy"?
 
It has been said, I think by a woman first "The Only Thing that Separates Us from the Animals Is Our Ability to Accessorize.

Well a woman dolling up for a date has nothing on "Gun Guy" going to the range. went to a local outdoor range,Usery, and it was amazing.

Grown men were on fashion patrol!! Tactical pants with shooters button up shirt. High dollar range bag from their favorite gun makers web sight. shooting gloves for a .25!! I saw it!

Also, for the AR fan base it seems that slings are the bees knees! Slings that let em hang at the ready for any position on the clock. I think someone said they're 3 point sling or something like that. I'm not sure.

Also saw a lot of special blacked out boots. Also popular are exotic holsters. Like fake or not I'm not sure, but looks like alligator, sting ray, all kinds of things.OH! big now are those sonic head phones with dials and what not. what ever happened to just ear plugs then muffs on top? I guess it just doesn't look cool enough.

If ever the SHTF, do yourself a favor and keep your head very low around "gun guy"

Jesse17 06-04-2011 01:58 AM

:confused:

Dillinger 06-04-2011 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse17 (Post 517280)
:confused:

Agreed indeed......

JonM 06-04-2011 02:20 AM

he is referring to mall ninjas:

http://intarnet.us/images/zs/2010-MALL-NINJA-SMALL.jpg

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_...entry471_1.jpg

Dillinger 06-04-2011 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 517304)
he is referring to mall ninjas

Is he? :confused:

I have electronic, noise cancelling earmuffs for me and my girl. It makes educational instruction easier.

I have holsters in Kydex, three types of leather and one rare animal skin.

Suddenly I am a mall ninja because of it?? :mad:

JD

Ploofy 06-04-2011 02:31 AM

It's like if you go to play paintball and you see people dressed up in surplus ACUs or BDUs who try to be all tactical but are obviously just people with a lot of money to throw around. You don't become a better shooter if you shoot wearing jump boots that you got from god knows where with your pants bloused. (I think thats what he was talking about)

JonM 06-04-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 517306)
Is he? :confused:

I have electronic, noise cancelling earmuffs for me and my girl. It makes educational instruction easier.

I have holsters in Kydex, three types of leather and one rare animal skin.

Suddenly I am a mall ninja because of it?? :mad:

JD

well he is trying to refer to that i think. maybe im giving him too much credit

my hearing protection is pink earmuffs from gander mountain and my range bag is a backpack from walmart. but im just cheap in a lot of ways.

flasaint727 06-04-2011 02:35 AM

http://i55.tinypic.com/9lbeqf.jpg
My Collection So Far.. Taurus Mod.80 .38 spl Beretta Mod.950 .22Short

DodgerBlue 06-04-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 517315)
well he is trying to refer to that i think. maybe im giving him too much credit

my hearing protection is pink earmuffs from gander mountain and my range bag is a backpack from walmart. but im just cheap in a lot of ways.

Oh man, thought you had my back but you back tracked. But it's ok. That is what I meant. It's just your pictures do so much more justice than words ever can.

My hearing protection is from wally world and as a range bag i use an old Craftsman drill bag.

DodgerBlue 06-04-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploofy (Post 517314)
It's like if you go to play paintball and you see people dressed up in surplus ACUs or BDUs who try to be all tactical but are obviously just people with a lot of money to throw around. You don't become a better shooter if you shoot wearing jump boots that you got from god knows where with your pants bloused. (I think thats what he was talking about)

Good looking Ploofy, I see some here are getting my point. Plus it's fun just to poke at gun guy once in a while.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:23 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.