Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The "You would never guess that I......" Thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/you-would-never-guess-i-thread-101338/)

chloeshooter 12-09-2013 01:39 AM

I'd like to hear from folks 1 or 2 things that either folks here or in 'real world' would never guess about you......

Example: no one who has met me would ever guess that I am most likely listening to classical music while driving down the road in my pickup truck!

trip286 12-09-2013 02:21 AM

I'm pretty open about my nuances here. The false anonymity of the internet and all.

Most people would never guess that I also listen to classical.

Most people would never guess that I used to be a raving alcoholic and stabbed a man in a fight once. It was 4 on one. I had to even the odds. I won. And I liked it.

Most people would never think that I have a huge soft spot in my heart for down's kids, and even down's adults.

I cry at weddings and when holding newborns.

I have a body count. I consider it to be open for additions. And I kept a souvenir.

I've been accused of crimes I never committed.

I've gotten away with crimes I have committed.

I've never been convicted of anything on either side of that coin.

I'm more afraid of being even a temporary invalid than death. Why be afraid of death?

Mercator 12-09-2013 03:42 AM

No self description on the Internet can be taken seriously enough to picture a true person behind it. The anonymity has one advantage - we can focus on substance and ignore personalities. The exact opposite often prevails in real life.

Edit. I do the same as chloeshooter says he does, so no surprise here.

nitestalker 12-09-2013 04:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK! I will play the game. This is what I really look like in real life?;)

DrFootball 12-09-2013 06:23 AM

Most people would never guess some of the "other" things I collect, like hats. I sold my comic collection to put my baby brother through his first 5 semesters of college after our dad died. Until l left NY, I kept "intouch" with several of my former students who were of the "Severe and profoundly" disabled type(Downs, autistic spectrum, etc.), even helping the sister of one change his residence to someplace where he was understood. I was still on the Advisory Bd. Of the group home my late brother( the other one) lived at until he passed from cancer in 2002 at the age of 32, until 2011.

Anna_Purna 12-10-2013 12:06 AM

I don't like sea-food, except for Fish & Chips

Jagermeister 12-10-2013 12:11 AM

I am multi lingual

trip286 12-10-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister (Post 1453922)
I am multi lingual

Uh... I think I would've guessed that bro.

But if you wanna throw me for a loop, tell me you don't speak German!

Jagermeister 12-10-2013 12:28 AM

I speak quite a few languages to include Deutsch (German) Ok, another one. I visited Moscow and Leningrad during the Cold War.

Anna_Purna 12-10-2013 12:41 AM

Your middle name isnt Harvey is it?