You Think Electric Vehicles Not Viable? Think Again. - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

You Think Electric Vehicles Not Viable? Think Again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3380 Times on 1735 Posts
Likes Given: 5191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Not the same...cant smell the AV-GAS. Its ugly, doesn't sound or feel the same.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Or this: Both bone stock cars. Dodge Viper V10 ans Tesla Type S 4-door luxury sedan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCdP6sMN9k
Was it drag race day at the nursing home.....both those cars are turds....

Old 09-26-2013, 02:20 AM   #123
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

How about this one of a Jeep. I just took this pic up the street. Notice the license plate.
dscn0996.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 09-26-2013, 02:24 AM   #124

What the heck? Only one pic posted. Here is the front view. For all of you flatlanders who only know mud bogging and that easy stuff, this is a rock crawler. Much more technical.
dscn0998.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 10-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #125

Battery cars bursting into flames now. Tesla stock taking a dump, down 6% in one day (and this was the year they were hoping to make a profit) Might need some more bailout money from their buddy Obama. More taxpayer $$$$$$$$$$$$ down a rat hole.......And Watched a CNN clip on a study that just came out. Those big ugly windmills they are putting up all over the place dont even put out enough power to pay for their own maintenence...But dont worry...they are Govt subsidized too.......

Last edited by rn-cindy; 10-06-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Cindy,

While one incident doesn't mean anything, an understanding of how it happened and prevent reoccurrence is important.

It does demonstrate the difficulty of dealing with the new technology.

Tesla in particular, their finances are extremely leverage. They need to sell roughly 10 times the number of cars to become profitable.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #127

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Battery cars bursting into flames now. Tesla stock taking a dump, down 6% in one day (and this was the year they were hoping to make a profit) Might need some more bailout money from their buddy Obama. More taxpayer $$$$$$$$$$$$ down a rat hole.......And Watched a CNN clip on a study that just came out. Those big ugly windmills they are putting up all over the place dont even put out enough power to pay for their own maintenence...But dont worry...they are Govt subsidized too.......
My bosses friend that owns a plating business in town haf a tesla. It did the same thing not as bad as the tesla on youtube buy it caught on fire. He drove it a total for 100 miles over a week and on a sunday drive to get lunch with hos wife it happened.

Old 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddie10 View Post
My bosses friend that owns a plating business in town haf a tesla. It did the same thing not as bad as the tesla on youtube buy it caught on fire. He drove it a total for 100 miles over a week and on a sunday drive to get lunch with hos wife it happened.
Im sure they will work it out, and someday we might all be driving zip-zap cars. But when Govt money is involved, is when things go really stupid...(windmills...). Richard Branson wants to build a motel in outer space, and is currently on the verge of being able to transport his guests back and forth. HE IS USING HIS OWN MONEY.....So God bless the nutjob..i hope he gets it done...

Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #129

The Tesla on fire on Youtube was due to a piece of steel that fell off of a truck and penetrated that battery bay from underneath the car. The owner said that the fire didn't seem as bad as it looked on Youtube. The fire was confined to the front compartment and did not enter the passenger compartment.

I have not heard about the other fire mentioned.

Given that the one on Youtube was caused by outside forces penetrating the batteries, I do not see how this is such a big incident. There have been millions of recall efforts over the years involving spontaneous onboard fires that the manufacturers have denied venomously and resisted the recall efforts. Hell, some of those recalls involved deaths. The only reason this one incident is making the news is because Tesla is in the limelight with its new technology. Hell, I wish I had the money, I would buy a ton of stock with it down 15%!

Here is a relatively unbiased story on it.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/167987-one-75000-tesla-catches-fire-4-billion-in-market-value-goes-up-in-smoke

Old 10-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
HE IS USING HIS OWN MONEY.....So God bless the nutjob..i hope he gets it done...
Not quite

He started off with significant govt funding... although not enough to build a sustainable ongoing enterprise. When he did not meet the requirements of the govt loan, the loans were called in. He created a shares in the company and then pledged them as collateral to get private funding to pay off the now called in govt loans.

Unfortunately, the price was driven up by the press reports of paying off the govt loans, and the sudden run down of inventory, shifting future inventory into today's sales. Add in the ridiculous lease residual values, and you have a recipe for a soon to be declared bankruptcy.