Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Think Electric Vehicles Not Viable? Think Again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #111
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

Webley,
You bring up several very important issues. First the Iran thing. We could probably circumvent all of the controversy about Iran if we were to tell them "We will trade 100% of your nuclear capabilities for an equivalent turnkey 100% solar generation plant." Then get them to give up their nuke stuff and while we are replacing it all with solar we will find some nukes that they have tried to hide away- so we pull the plug on the solar. or not. hell, if they lose their claim that they are only interested in the energy from nukes then that is a good thing. It makes it much easier to monitor them.

Only have a minute right now, but you are also spot on that we need to have a blend of many different technologies. We still need to develop domestic energy resources like oil and nuclear for several reasons. We also need to maintain at least the distribution system we currently have so that if local generation for some reason fails or falls short then energy can be imported into that area in need. We can't put all of our eggs in one basket.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #112
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 726 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 1143

I cant believe this thread is still going........You guys need to eat some meat..dont shave for a while...lay off the flowery hand lotion..chop some firewood...find a car with a big block, two 4s, a 4 speed, 4.88 posi, open headers, and drive it to a titty bar....All this solar/wind/electric/euro hippie crap is going to make you want some jesus sandals, and sell calendars at the airport....get a grip. The enviro-nazi's may win in the long run, but until then, it just provides a platform for the global warmer nutjobs, and a means for the dems to funnel large amounts of taxpayer money to their campaign contributors...

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 09-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Today I saw a Chevy Volt, first one I have ever seen outside pictures from the factory or a showroom floor.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 738 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Today I saw a Chevy Volt, first one I have ever seen outside pictures from the factory or a showroom floor.
Only a greenie would recycle plastic grocery bags, and yet throw away an electric car after 3 years!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
I cant believe this thread is still going........You guys need to eat some meat..dont shave for a while...lay off the flowery hand lotion..chop some firewood...find a car with a big block, two 4s, a 4 speed, 4.88 posi, open headers, and drive it to a titty bar....All this solar/wind/electric/euro hippie crap is going to make you want some jesus sandals, and sell calendars at the airport....get a grip. The enviro-nazi's may win in the long run, but until then, it just provides a platform for the global warmer nutjobs, and a means for the dems to funnel large amounts of taxpayer money to their campaign contributors...
Just speaking for myself but I eat lots of meat, have a beard (though it is trimmed right now), don't use hand lotion, chop wood and clear brush frequently (have to keep those firebreaks cleared!), have a couple of big block 4X4s, a couple of small blocks and a couple of Willys Jeeps- two have Detroit lockers, one has posi- that's in the diesel Super Duty 4X4- and an ARB in one (driven the Rubicon lately Cindy?), haven't been to a titty bar in years but if you want to put on a show I will happily watch with rolled-up dollar bills (or maybe a few $20s depending on your talents!).

But you know what? When I drive my trucks it drains my wallet pretty fast. I don't need all that horsepower and torque to get me to work or to the store and I sure don't give a crap what people think of me when I am driving there (though it is fun to watch people avoid getting close to my beater '71 4X4 with the 390 torque monster, an NP 435 4-speed granny box with an NP 205 T-case behind it because they thing the ugly is going to rub off or something.) I figure when I drive an economical car it leaves more gas for you to guzzle in your ride and it might just make it a little bit cheaper for you too.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
On my way home today I saw 4 Tesla Type S sedans and 3 Nissan Leafs. Not one Volt.

Quote:

Old 09-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
On my way home today I saw 4 Tesla Type S sedans and 3 Nissan Leafs. Not one Volt.
I've yet to see a Tesla or anything from Chrysler I think I saw a small Ford hybrid but I am not sure and I've seen one Leaf, a Civic, an Accord hybrid (at least I think it was an Accord), lots of Prius', I've even seen one of the forerunners to the Volt (EV1(?)).

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 09-25-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Old 09-25-2013, 04:19 PM   #118

Liked 726 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 1143

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8
Hybrid this..........battery boy.....

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

stratrider Likes This 
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKkds2Lhx8

Hybrid this..........battery boy.....
How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzna3p3P5s

Quote:

Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #120

Or this: Both bone stock cars. Dodge Viper V10 ans Tesla Type S 4-door luxury sedan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLCdP6sMN9k

Quote: