Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You think Chicago's gun laws suck? This wont help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default You think Chicago's gun laws suck? This wont help

Link

CHICAGO (AP) -- Authorities in Chicago say three children are among the four people killed in an early morning shooting that also left two other people wounded.

Police say the victims were shot at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday in a home on the city's southwest side.

The shooting left an adult, a 7-month-old boy, a 3-year-old girl and a 16 year-old girl dead.

Officials at Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn say a 13-year-old victim is in fair condition while an adult woman is in critical condition after the shooting.

Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Robert Perez says police apprehended a man they are calling a "person of interest" in the case a short time after the shootings.

News Affairs Officer Amina Greer says the shooting may have resulted from a domestic situation.

I carry a 1 inch guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. Its not whiz-bang tactical, but one shot to the grape, and its coloring books for Christmas.

Advocate For Armed America Because Your Attorney Can Get You Out Of Jail, Not Out Of A Grave.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

This must be a hoax!

We all know Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the land!

We also know they work because those comtemplating murder would not dare violate a gun ordinace to carry out there crime.

No, no , no, this must be another right wing conspiracy carried out by a Palin supporter in order to discredit the current Chicago Regime.

Defending our position agianst the lunacy of gun control starts with all you Illinois gun owners having the courage to explain the BS behind the PC logic to you friends and neighbors as soon as the media anounces some "brilliant" new restriction that "could" have prevented this tragedy.

Tack

Old 04-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is a damn shame; the politicians of Chicago should be ashamed.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

How'd a law abiding citizen of such outstanding character get his hands on a firearm in the first place??

Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #5

Liked 125 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 213

i think we're beginning to rank one of the highest in number of public police surveillance cameras as well so they should at least have some footage of this crime that our great gun laws didn't prevent right?

if only it were as simple as carving x's in a runway with backhoes at midnight....

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 04-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #6

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
i think we're beginning to rank one of the highest in number of public police surveillance cameras as well so they should at least have some footage of this crime that our great gun laws didn't prevent right?

if only it were as simple as carving x's in a runway with backhoes at midnight....
Hmm...

Wonder how them cameras would react to 00 buck?

Wish my city provided free targets like that!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:06 AM   #7

Sad story.. poor kids

Old 04-16-2010, 07:40 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I hate to hear it when kids get caught up in stuff like this. I'm also sad to think about how this will more than likely lead to more reactionary government making more laws that law breaking people will pay no attention to.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
This must be a hoax!

We all know Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the land!

We also know they work because those comtemplating murder would not dare violate a gun ordinace to carry out there crime.

No, no , no, this must be another right wing conspiracy carried out by a Palin supporter in order to discredit the current Chicago Regime.

Defending our position agianst the lunacy of gun control starts with all you Illinois gun owners having the courage to explain the BS behind the PC logic to you friends and neighbors as soon as the media anounces some "brilliant" new restriction that "could" have prevented this tragedy.

Tack
Right! As a citizen of Illinois, it seems to me the problem with Gun Control in Cook County is the local Governments hold and influence in not only Cook County but throughout the state...It feels like whatever chicago wants they get....We are so out numbered and out financed it isnt even funny. It is unfortunate that these tradegys happen on a regualar basis in Chicago and the only thing that happens is more restrictive policies on somthing that obviously isnt working...

Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.

Theodore Roosevelt