Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   You think Chicago's gun laws suck? This wont help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/you-think-chicagos-gun-laws-suck-wont-help-26054/)

Brad 04-14-2010 02:06 PM

You think Chicago's gun laws suck? This wont help

Link

CHICAGO (AP) -- Authorities in Chicago say three children are among the four people killed in an early morning shooting that also left two other people wounded.

Police say the victims were shot at about 4:30 a.m. Wednesday in a home on the city's southwest side.

The shooting left an adult, a 7-month-old boy, a 3-year-old girl and a 16 year-old girl dead.

Officials at Advocate Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn say a 13-year-old victim is in fair condition while an adult woman is in critical condition after the shooting.

Chicago Police News Affairs Officer Robert Perez says police apprehended a man they are calling a "person of interest" in the case a short time after the shootings.

News Affairs Officer Amina Greer says the shooting may have resulted from a domestic situation.

Tackleberry1 04-14-2010 02:41 PM

This must be a hoax!

We all know Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the land!:)

We also know they work because those comtemplating murder would not dare violate a gun ordinace to carry out there crime.:confused:

No, no , no, this must be another right wing conspiracy carried out by a Palin supporter in order to discredit the current Chicago Regime.:rolleyes:

Defending our position agianst the lunacy of gun control starts with all you Illinois gun owners having the courage to explain the BS behind the PC logic to you friends and neighbors as soon as the media anounces some "brilliant" new restriction that "could" have prevented this tragedy.

Tack

orangello 04-14-2010 06:12 PM

That is a damn shame; the politicians of Chicago should be ashamed.

Dillinger 04-14-2010 06:18 PM

How'd a law abiding citizen of such outstanding character get his hands on a firearm in the first place?? :rolleyes:

Mack Bolan 04-15-2010 12:24 PM

i think we're beginning to rank one of the highest in number of public police surveillance cameras as well so they should at least have some footage of this crime that our great gun laws didn't prevent right?:rolleyes:

if only it were as simple as carving x's in a runway with backhoes at midnight....

Tackleberry1 04-16-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack Bolan (Post 270231)
i think we're beginning to rank one of the highest in number of public police surveillance cameras as well so they should at least have some footage of this crime that our great gun laws didn't prevent right?:rolleyes:

if only it were as simple as carving x's in a runway with backhoes at midnight....

Hmm...

Wonder how them cameras would react to 00 buck?:eek:

Wish my city provided free targets like that!

BeRandom 04-16-2010 05:06 AM

Sad story.. poor kids

DrumJunkie 04-16-2010 07:40 AM

I hate to hear it when kids get caught up in stuff like this. I'm also sad to think about how this will more than likely lead to more reactionary government making more laws that law breaking people will pay no attention to.:mad:

LittleBear 04-16-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 269810)
This must be a hoax!

We all know Chicago has the toughest gun control laws in the land!:)

We also know they work because those comtemplating murder would not dare violate a gun ordinace to carry out there crime.:confused:

No, no , no, this must be another right wing conspiracy carried out by a Palin supporter in order to discredit the current Chicago Regime.:rolleyes:

Defending our position agianst the lunacy of gun control starts with all you Illinois gun owners having the courage to explain the BS behind the PC logic to you friends and neighbors as soon as the media anounces some "brilliant" new restriction that "could" have prevented this tragedy.

Tack

Right! As a citizen of Illinois, it seems to me the problem with Gun Control in Cook County is the local Governments hold and influence in not only Cook County but throughout the state...It feels like whatever chicago wants they get....We are so out numbered and out financed it isnt even funny. It is unfortunate that these tradegys happen on a regualar basis in Chicago and the only thing that happens is more restrictive policies on somthing that obviously isnt working...