Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Are You Prepared?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default "Are You Prepared?"

"Are You Prepared?"

There's the header across the top of the page. I never gave it too much thought, until I decided to sell this house. The realtor wants all the "gunnage" stowed away. I had a couple handguns on the coffee table, along with a small cannon . . .

Shotguns in the corner, 45 ACP XD and 9mm in a couple drawers, 44 mag. revolver in the night stand. (NO kids, no guests for the most part, never any strangers in the house.)

So it's all locked away in the safe now.

And I realized that the stuff I'd grab -- AK, lever carbine, XD, needed to be moved to the front where I can grab them. I put a mag in the AK, empty, but with a 50 rd. ammo box on the shelf. There's ammo out for the XD, the 9mm, the lever carbine, etc. Large, fixed bladed stuff is accessible too.

I don't expect any sort of insurrection, but the last thing I want to be doing is having to dig into the back of the safe to get at the stuff which should be right up front.

Are you prepared?

Last edited by SlamFire; 03-08-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamFire View Post
"Are You Prepared?"

There's the header across the top of the page. I never gave it too much thought, until I decided to sell this house. The realtor wants all the "gunnage" stowed away. I had a couple handguns on the coffee table, along with a small cannon . . .

Shotguns in the corner, 45 ACP XD and 9mm in a couple drawers, 44 mag. revolver in the night stand. (NO kids, no guests for the most part, never any strangers in the house.)

And I realized that the stuff I'd grab -- AK, lever carbine, XD, needed to be moved to the front where I can grab them. I put a mag in the AK, empty, but with a 50 rd. ammo box on the shelf. There's ammo out for the XD, the 9mm, the lever carbine, etc. Large, fixed bladed stuff is accessible too.

I don't expect any sort of insurrection, but the last thing I want to be doing is having to dig into the back of the safe to get at the stuff which should be right up front.

Are you prepared?
Why on Earth would you have firearms or anything else of value that can fit into a stranger's pocket laying around when you are trying to sell a house?

How many 'at ready' firearms do you need?

Better yet, where do you live and who is your realtor?

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 03-08-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: proper verb usage

Old 03-09-2009, 12:03 AM   #3

Stranger: Look, honey, this guy has the same Rolex I have.

Honey: Cool, he must be a good person. (to realtor) What's the master bath look like?

(Realtor turns head-Rolex gone)

You get home, and notice the missing watch. You call realtor stupidly assuming that realtor has 'screened' potential buyers.

Realtor: They looked nice.

Absolutely idiotic and purposely baited for your slant. Keep drinking the Kool-aid, Slamfire.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 AM   #4

Can ANY of you people read past the 4th grade level?

Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I have all my guns stored away and a spring action electric safe next to my bed.

That banner is for a more broad topic though. More so are you prepared with food, electricity, supplies, etc.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Can ANY of you people read past the 4th grade level?
What do you mean 'you people?' I know where you are coming from, because it shows in your posts. You may as well change your name to ObamaLover or Lefty. How's Infiltrator strke you? As it was brought up in another thread, you have not contributed in any way.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 03-09-2009, 07:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
What do you mean 'you people?' I know where you are coming from, because it shows in your posts. You may as well change your name to ObamaLover or Lefty. How's Infiltrator strke you? As it was brought up in another thread, you have not contributed in any way.
skullcrusher, thanks for the laugh bro. I was kind of thinking the same thing when I first read his post. Damn I need a new house(with guns all over)

Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

There is always the "ignore" feature - it's known to work wonders....

JD

Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
There is always the "ignore" feature - it's known to work wonders....

JD

But who would we argue with then?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
"Are You Prepared?"

Are you prepared?
What are you prepared for? Those are all weapons that an intruder can use to kill you and yours and your neighbors and...

One pistol in the nightstand is far more than sufficient to defend yourself as you work your way to your gun safe.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.