Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   You like what? small rant! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/you-like-what-small-rant-18460/)

MrKimber 09-24-2009 05:05 AM

You like what? small rant!

I have been thumbing through various threads on this and other forums and I seen the same thing everywhere I go. Arguments abouts "who is smart enough" to back "bla bla brand" firearm. "This hand gun is better because it is 1 billionth of an ouce lighter than joespistol brand", or "this one holds 1 MORE WHOLE ROUND", or "this one is made with"....... come on folks lets get with the program. If your rich and can afford a million dollar hand gun...great. If you can afford a used "joesbrand" hand gun (in 29.5 caliber).....great. The fact is we need more people who want, own and carry "HANDGUNS" and all forms of firearms. We are all in the same mindset. You know, one family. I don't care what kind of firearm you have, I'm just glad you have one. Lets stand togather on the 2nd more than we stand apart on the manufacture. (Oh, and Kimbers rule:rolleyes:) I had to through that one in there.:D Togather we are strong. Apart we are already defeated.

falseharmonix 09-24-2009 05:19 AM

+1

10 characters

Moss99 09-24-2009 05:34 AM

Drugs, alkahawl, and Kimbers have ruined my LIFE!

Lol. it's all in good fun. I hate Glocks but own (and love) a Walther P99, which may as well be a Glock (minus a significant amount of the ghey) but I have the same respect for a man that carries a Glock as I do for one that carries a P99, XD, 1911, etc...

People of the same mindset just like to poke at each other from time to time.

I drive a Chevy, you drive a Ford, go F yourself. :D

NGIB 09-24-2009 10:14 AM

I agree as I have no real brand loyalty. If someone asks about a particular gun and I have OWNED that gun - I'll share my experience and provide a recommendation.

My advice is to get the best quality handgun you can afford and train with it until it's a loyal and trusted friend. It really matters not if it's a Hi-Point, a Glock, or a Nighthawk...

Jess 09-24-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 164614)
I agree as I have no real brand loyalty. If someone asks about a particular gun and I have OWNED that gun - I'll share my experience and provide a recommendation.

My advice is to get the best quality handgun you can afford and train with it until it's a loyal and trusted friend. It really matters not if it's a Hi-Point, a Glock, or a Nighthawk...

yeah that^^^^^^

Gojubrian 09-24-2009 10:58 AM

The nighthawk guys make fun of the colt guys, the colt guys make fun of the smith guys, the smith guys make fun of the glock guys, the glock guys make fun of the hi-point guys, the hi point guys make fun of Benning Boy.

:D

cpttango30 09-24-2009 11:32 AM

I don't make fun of anyone.

Really I don't that is my evil twin MajTango impersinating me really it is.

and by really I mean never not in a million years did this happen. I think anyone who doesn't own a 1911 of some kind is a limp wristed squat to pee sissy man that should be wearing a murs and man carpi pants.

spittinfire 09-24-2009 11:54 AM

It's like anything else. I was a motorcycle mechanic for a few years and you had the brand loyal guys, especially the Harley guys. Some were so bad they didn't want you to ride with them you if you were riding something other then their brand, it was nuts! I personally can't stand Glock, if you shoot a Glock and ask me to go to the range with you I'm not going to say no. I won't shoot your gun when we get there but I'll go with you.

AcidFlashGordon 09-24-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NGIB (Post 164614)

I haven't found that I exhibit any kind of brand loyalty either. My first handgun purchase was a Sig Sauer P226. I handled that and a Glock (both .40 cal, by the way) and I picked the Sig, not on its "reputation" or price, but because of how it felt in my hand. My second handgun purchase was a Walther PPS, also .40 cal. I didn't go to the gun shop to buy a weapon, either. I went because American Shooters always has a fully stocked selection of targets and I needed targets. My next hangun was also a "spur of the moment" purchase. I'd gone to Bass Pro Shop for a shoulder recoil pad and while there, thought I'd check out ammo prices. Passing by the gun counter, I noticed they had a Browning Hi-Power in 9mm, which is something I'd considered buying. But, this one was decked out in that idiot 'digital cammo' scheme and I didn't like it. Chatted with the clerk for a while and he pulled out a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. I ended up buying that one.

So, as for whatever manufacturer someone likes, that's their prerogative. As others have noted, it's just the "poking fun" at someone for their weapons choice. All in fun and makes for some spirited chats.

IGETEVEN 09-24-2009 12:37 PM

I like guns!! And turtles!!! :D

Jack the Man