Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #971
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 152 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 128

I take a bonding nap with a new , to me, firearm...LOL

Old 05-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #972

Liked 249 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 40

You have to take a break from cleaning your guns to bottle feed the new kitten.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130520_081624.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  34.0 KB

Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 05-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #973

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind View Post

Attachment 101909
I see someone is a gamer (the keyboard).

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 05-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

I see someone is a gamer (the keyboard).
I play MMOs with my kids. World of Warcraft, Star Wars Old Republic, Star Trek Online, and Mechwarrior Online. I am out on the road for weeks at a time so MMOs are a good way to keep in contact with my kids.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
People Like This 
Old 05-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #975

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
I play MMOs with my kids. World of Warcraft, Star Wars Old Republic, Star Trek Online, and Mechwarrior Online. I am out on the road for weeks at a time so MMOs are a good way to keep in contact with my kids.
I play WOW myself.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Balota Likes This 
Old 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #976

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingMind

I love the Old Republic, such a good game.

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #977
Camo, you are lucky to see it.

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1570 Times on 867 Posts
Likes Given: 4770

You know you are a gun nut if.

You are considering buying an upper that you don't really want, just to finish a build . . . . knowing that you can also buy a new lower to mount that ugly upper.

Email your representatives USE THIS LINK

KG7IL

Old 05-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #978
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7311 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9421

Quote:

Attachment 101909
Fail.

A real gun nut would yell at the wife or kids to feed the kitten. Or pop it in a drawer until you are done.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 05-21-2013, 02:45 AM   #979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Fail.

A real gun nut would yell at the wife or kids to feed the kitten. Or pop it in a drawer until you are done.
Wife and kids were at Grandma's house and my desk has no drawers. I was home alone bonding with my firearms and baby sitting the kitten. (it takes me about 30 minutes to do the weekly cleaning on the Sig if I have not fired it) I figured he's had a bad week and deserved a good day.

Some adam henery tossed the fuzz ball out the window of a moving car. My boys saw it happen and stopped to pick up the kitten. He's about 8 days old right now.

Mr. Sig is patient, but I don't like to be interrupted after I get started. Fortunately Kisa Key (Japanese for miracle) decided he wanted his feeding before I really got started, all I had done by that point was disassembly.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:42 AM   #980
Unpopulist

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Default becuz im just a nut...period.

This entire thread translated into "redneck"! for no goddamed reason whatsoever.

yeeha!

http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/dialectp.cgi?dialect=redneck&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww. firearmstalk.com%2Fforums%2Ff12%2Fyou-know-youre-gun-nut-if-77316%2Findex98.html

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
texaswoodworker Likes This