You Know You're a Gun Nut If - Page 62
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:42 PM   #611
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Brennan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 427
Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1

When I hear "clip", I can almost feel my blood pressure rise.
When I hear my wife's uncle say clip (and he was an MP and a federal agent and now works for the PAPD) it's like listening to the sounds of fingernails scratching down the chalk board. I actually cringe.
__________________
Brennan16 is offline  
shadecorp Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #612
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zschneider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washingtion state
Posts: 147
Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post

When I hear my wife's uncle say clip (and he was an MP and a federal agent and now works for the PAPD) it's like listening to the sounds of fingernails scratching down the chalk board. I actually cringe.
I heard a cop refer to an mag as a clip I felt like hiting him but I refrained from doing so
__________________
Zschneider is offline  
shadecorp Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #613
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TruggieTex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rural Virginia
Posts: 1,336
Liked 957 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zschneider

I heard a cop refer to an mag as a clip I felt like hiting him but I refrained from doing so
Your restraint serves you well...
__________________

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

TruggieTex is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #614
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zschneider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washingtion state
Posts: 147
Liked 40 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post

Your restraint serves you well...
It does but he should know better I corrected him and he kinda just stared for a second and walked away
__________________
Zschneider is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM   #615
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TheDesertFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 535
Liked 71 Times on 59 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zschneider View Post

It does but he should know better I corrected him and he kinda just stared for a second and walked away
You know your a gun nut if......
When you buy a gun you have to know every little detail and fact about it.
__________________
TheDesertFox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #616
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dmbeck97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 121
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post

When I hear "clip", I can almost feel my blood pressure rise.
ALOT of people on armslist say clip instead of magazine and it is so freakin annoying. One time I just started emailing and texting them and telling them they had mags not clips lol
__________________
dmbeck97 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #617
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigRedUSMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 175
Liked 57 Times on 38 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman
If you have ever taught someone how to strip their new gun even though you have never handled that particular model.
Guilty lol
__________________
BigRedUSMC is offline  
KG7IL Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #618
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pnolans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 203
Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default

You might be a gun-nut if :

You bore people to-death telling them about where phrases like "don't go off half-cocked" come from. And it's because you started buying muzzleloaders because you wondered what shooting a 50 caliber lead ball was like.

And instead of telling people "later", you say "Keep your powder dry"

__________________

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

pnolans is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #619
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 859
Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans
You might be a gun-nut if :

You bore people to-death telling them about where phrases like "don't go off half-cocked" come from. And it's because you started buying muzzleloaders because you wondered what shooting a 50 caliber lead ball was like.

And instead of telling people "later", you say "Keep your powder dry"
Or use firearms lingo in regular speech.
Guilty
__________________
Gizord1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #620
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck97 View Post

ALOT of people on armslist say clip instead of magazine and it is so freakin annoying. One time I just started emailing and texting them and telling them they had mags not clips lol
I have turned down a good deal on a Makarov because the seller referred to the magazines as clips.

Damn. I might be a gun nut.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes