Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:07 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16825 Times on 9750 Posts
Likes Given: 43881

you might be a gun nut if,....

your wife says if you go to the range today, she won't be there when you get home, and your only thoght is whether to stop at McDonald's or KFC on the way home from the range!

if you and your wife are on vacation and you either look up the gun stores or any gun shows in the towns you will be visiting!

if your idea of quality time with your wife is spent cleaning guns!

if your idea of reading material consists of loading data books, Guns & Ammo, and the Shooter's Bible!

if your LGS has your number on speed dial!

Old 11-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #42

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If someone says the name ruger for sale and you start looking for one and all you see is a wroughtweiler.

If you go to walmart and they automatically start handing you new guns they just got in

If you can call a pawn shop and they know your voice and who you are by your voice

If you go to walmart and the guys behind the counter ask you what kind of ammo you need this time and they use your name. Not just because you wemt to school w em neither.

I'm guilty of everyone I just mentioned

Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9434

If your wife takes a gun out of the safe to see if you notice- and then has to mention it several weeks later before you do. (guilty. That is when I stopped leaving the safe open unless I am standing in front of it.)

If you have never turned down a box of free ammo offered, regardless of whether you have a gun in that caliber or not.

If you have ever spent a rainy day with the kids stripping down and reassembling firearms with a stopwatch instead of playing Monopoly.

If the local Police/Sheriff's Deputies have ever told you they are coming to your house if they need backup or resupply.

If you know all of the department snipers personally and can hold your own talking shooting with them, and maybe teach them a thing or two in the process..... and so can your kids.

If you can out-shoot most of the LEO's you meet at the range with their own weapon.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 AM   #44

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

If you have ever taught someone how to strip their new gun even though you have never handled that particular model.

If buying new cloths involves trying on your iwb holster and gun in the dressing room at the mall.

If you have more 22 ammo floating around loose in your truck than most people have in in their safe.

If your kids keep their crayons in a mil surp ammo can.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #45
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
you might be a gun nut if,....

your wife says if you go to the range today, she won't be there when you get home, and your only thoght is whether to stop at McDonald's or KFC on the way home from the range!

if you and your wife are on vacation and you either look up the gun stores or any gun shows in the towns you will be visiting!

if your idea of quality time with your wife is spent cleaning guns!

if your idea of reading material consists of loading data books, Guns & Ammo, and the Shooter's Bible!

if your LGS has your number on speed dial!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
If your wife takes a gun out of the safe to see if you notice- and then has to mention it several weeks later before you do. (guilty. That is when I stopped leaving the safe open unless I am standing in front of it.)

If you have never turned down a box of free ammo offered, regardless of whether you have a gun in that caliber or not.

If you have ever spent a rainy day with the kids stripping down and reassembling firearms with a stopwatch instead of playing Monopoly.

If the local Police/Sheriff's Deputies have ever told you they are coming to your house if they need backup or resupply.

If you know all of the department snipers personally and can hold your own talking shooting with them, and maybe teach them a thing or two in the process..... and so can your kids.

If you can out-shoot most of the LEO's you meet at the range with their own weapon.
Yes on pretty much all of the above.

You are visiting family in California and somebody says "stoner", and you start looking for Eugene.

You would rather shoot yourself in the genitals, than move to CA, NY, or IL.

You get stopped by a LEO for a minor traffic violation, and you hand him your CCW and tell him you are carrying. When he asks which weapon you have on you, you tell him, "All but the last 3 sir. I'm on my way to the the LGS to pick them up." Happened to my doctor once, between him and his wife they had 5 on them.

You know that a Chicago Typewriter is not a writing device.

You try to take a "family photo of your guns, and suddenly you realize that the only way that is possible is to take an airial photograph.

You knoe the exact number of guns you can fit behind the seat of your regular cab truck.

You try to figure out what that rattling sound in your truck is, and it turns out to be all the spent brass that you forgot to clean out of the bed.

You actually have any of these signs in your front yard......

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 11-30-2012, 06:11 AM   #46

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

Yes on pretty much all of the above.

You are visiting family in California and somebody says "stoner", and you start looking for Eugene.

You would rather shoot yourself in the genitals, than move to CA, NY, or IL.

You get stopped by a LEO for a minor traffic violation, and you hand him your CCW and tell him you are carrying. When he asks which weapon you have on you, you tell him, "All but the last 3 sir. I'm on my way to the the LGS to pick them up." Happened to my doctor once, between him and his wife they had 5 on them.

You know that a Chicago Typewriter is not a writing device.

You try to take a "family photo of your guns, and suddenly you realize that the only way that is possible is to take an airial photograph.

You knoe the exact number of guns you can fit behind the seat of your regular cab truck.

You try to figure out what that rattling sound in your truck is, and it turns out to be all the spent brass that you forgot to clean out of the bed.

You actually have any of these signs in your front yard......
How about all them signs plus this one???

Name:  ff_1.jpeg
Views: 388
Size:  20.3 KB
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #47
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
How about all them signs plus this one???

Attachment 72198
I like it. I feel the need to put some of those up near the end of my driveway. The delivery guy that the local pizza shop sends out is already afraid of the dog. I wonder if he'd ever come back after seeing that one!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #48

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

You know you're a gun but if

You get upset when a person in a movie can fire more rounds than their magazine can hold without reloading.

-Matt

People Like This 
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

If you have your 48 gun safe over full and need to buy another to keep your guns from touching each other. Or know that guns touching each other seem to multiply quickly.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #50

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
You know you're a gun but if

You get upset when a person in a movie can fire more rounds than their magazine can hold without reloading.
Or when they NEVER miss, even though they don't even seem to know the weapon has sights.

Or fire with the bolt open on a closed bolt weapon, and vise versa.

Have their scope, tac light, any other accessory mounted backwards.

Last edited by trip286; 12-01-2012 at 12:48 AM.