Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 03:37 AM   #1381
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WillWork4Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

If you got up at 6AM on a weekend morning to stand in line at Walmart to buy ammo,you might be a gun nut.

Your partner knows you are a gun nut when he/she comes home from Walmart with ammo

You might be a gun nut when you have to choose which carry gun goes with what you plan on wearing today.

You might be a gun nut if your blood boils when someone calls a magazine a "clip",and a AR-15 a "assault machine gun weapon of war"

You might be a gun nut if you save your empty milk jugs,water bottles,and 2 liter soda bottles for target practice.

You might be a gun nut if you know what the word "ballistics" means.

You might be a gun nut if you own magazines that hold more than 30 rounds.

You might be a gun nut if you have more holsters than your wife has bras.

You might be a gun nut if you clean your guns on the kitchen table,and keep your gun cleaning stuff in the fridge.

__________________
WillWork4Ammo is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #1382
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WillWork4Ammo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 262
Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Default

You know you are a gun when you were not relieved but very sad the zombie apocalypse didn't happen.

__________________
WillWork4Ammo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #1383
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,450
Liked 621 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

You know you're a gun nut if....

You have the FTF app on all your mobile devices.

You've written a technical article for FTF.

You've used Hoppes #9 to clean an old gasket off a weed whacker carburetor.

__________________
1911love is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1384
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,981
Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

That's it?
And the last one didn't cause the notorious HOLD on you 4473? I've been told ( but has not always been the case) that more then 3-4 by a person at one time is cause for a hold....
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #1385
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,981
Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

That AR7, is it a Henry, Charter Arms, or Armalite?

If it's a Henry, it don't count.

J\K.

You might be a gun nut if you can tell a Henry AR7 from an Armalite one by looking at the sights.
Ok how'd you find an ext magazine for THAT?
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #1386
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,981
Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo
If you got up at 6AM on a weekend morning to stand in line at Walmart to buy ammo,you might be a gun nut.

Your partner knows you are a gun nut when he/she comes home from Walmart with ammo

You might be a gun nut when you have to choose which carry gun goes with what you plan on wearing today.

You might be a gun nut if your blood boils when someone calls a magazine a "clip",and a AR-15 a "assault machine gun weapon of war"

You might be a gun nut if you save your empty milk jugs,water bottles,and 2 liter soda bottles for target practice.

You might be a gun nut if you know what the word "ballistics" means.

You might be a gun nut if you own magazines that hold more than 30 rounds.

You might be a gun nut if you have more holsters than your wife has bras.

You might be a gun nut if you clean your guns on the kitchen table,and keep your gun cleaning stuff in the fridge.
A) thats one thing I WON'T do is wait at Wally.

B) order on line now.....

C) not for color, but for size that can help conceal-Guitly! (Honey, can you see it now with This Shirt???)

D) Can't make those mistakes with the"Lexicon" fascists around....

E)Also Guilty as charged, except soda bottles and cans, which we don't have refund returns here but we can sell it to a junk dealer...save the others tho...milk jugs filled with water are great 22HP targets!

F) took that Class in Criminal Justice school...got an A too....

G)How about Gun Magazines with more the 30 pages? Got plenty of extended Mags for my Mini....and a few for the 22's now as well,....

H) HaHa,...well wife has me beat on that,..she has plenty of Bras, and more then enough to put in them....

I) how about on your bed, with three cleaning mats plus a small Tarp under then to keep your SW style bed spread nice and clean...ask me about my "left to right" cleaning system one day......
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #1387
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,981
Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love
You know you're a gun nut if....

You have the FTF app on all your mobile devices.

You've written a technical article for FTF.

You've used Hoppes #9 to clean an old gasket off a weed whacker carburetor.
No on 1, yes on Two, but Hoppes,..not on a weed wacker,..how bout a model RC chopper motor that crapped itself?
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #1388
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rsuhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

That AR7, is it a Henry, Charter Arms, or Armalite?

If it's a Henry, it don't count.

J\K.

You might be a gun nut if you can tell a Henry AR7 from an Armalite one by looking at the sights.
I've heard the Armalite and Charter version were far superior-- just havent been able to get my hands on one and i like to have something other than my carry pieces in my Bug out bag-- Nice AR7- dig the 20 rd mag
__________________
rsuhr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #1389
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 6,981
Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuhr

I've heard the Armalite and Charter version were far superior-- just havent been able to get my hands on one and i like to have something other than my carry pieces in my Bug out bag-- Nice AR7- dig the 20 rd mag
If I could get a few of those 20's I'd have another 7 myself... Maybe 2, one for the car and one for the Future RV...
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #1390
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WonderingMind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 280
Liked 299 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post

You've used Hoppes #9 to clean an old gasket off a weed whacker carburetor.
Dose it count that I used some to get the old exhaust manifold gasket off of my son's 1969 Bug? I did that last week.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A Heinlein
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949
WonderingMind is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads