Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2013, 01:42 AM   #1241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,942
Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
Pshhh. Blisters from the trigger? I got calluses. I just don't blister any more
LOL! Try going through a tac-school where you sling 2000 rounds in a week and I'll bet you get a blister again. ;-) (I know I did!!!)
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #1242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

LOL! Try going through a tac-school where you sling 2000 rounds in a week and I'll bet you get a blister again. ;-) (I know I did!!!)
He's been a tester for Ruger for quite some time until very recently. He probably put more down range per day than you did at that school. I'd be willing to bet money on it. And it was way longer than a week too.

Lucky bastard
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #1243
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,942
Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

He's been a tester for Ruger for quite some time until very recently. He probably put more down range per day than you did at that school. I'd be willing to bet money on it. And it was way longer than a week too.

Lucky bastard
Well dang. Somebody's got my dream job.
__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #1244
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

Well dang. Somebody's got my dream job.
I try not to speak for other people, but he's got a new position. Ask him to tell you about it.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #1245
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The best place in the world,TEXAS by God
Posts: 1,069
Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

LOL! Try going through a tac-school where you sling 2000 rounds in a week and I'll bet you get a blister again. ;-) (I know I did!!!)
That's it heck some of us are are combat Vet's and have done that in two days .
__________________

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

SSGSF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #1246
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post

That's it heck some of us are are combat Vet's and have done that in two days .
lol...
A single fire fight.
I was a SAW gunner too though. Yes, I subscribed to "accuracy by volume". It's what the SAW is intended for.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
Mason609 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:04 AM   #1247
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SSGSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The best place in the world,TEXAS by God
Posts: 1,069
Liked 479 Times on 294 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

lol...
A single fire fight.
I was a SAW gunner too though. Yes, I subscribed to "accuracy by volume". It's what the SAW is intended for.
When ever we left the compound I was in the gunners seat and I had a SAW too. I miss it.
I never really like the M4a1 because it didn't have enough ammo for my liking.
__________________

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

SSGSF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #1248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 2,942
Liked 2194 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Default

Hey no fair, fully auto doesn't count. :-P That's 2000 trigger pulls! Not 1 trigger pull per burst of fire.

Edit: Heck 2000 rounds is nothing for a battle rifle period. Fully auto or not. 2000 rounds of Glock with their irritating safety on the fricking trigger will make you bleed.

__________________
Quote:
Nobody on this thread licked anybody's bodypart.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-02-2013 at 03:28 AM.
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #1249
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,510
Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Default

You know you're a gun nut when you can no longer pick a favorite

pistol or rifle.

You choose what goes to the range by which firearms need

to have hardware, repairs, adjustments, or sights tested, and

according to which kind of ammo you want to shoot...

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #1250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

500 on my body, with 200 round box on each hip in a pouch, and a 100 round nut sack on the gun. 1600 more in my pack. Everywhere I went.

Two grenades on the upper left breast of my vest.

The two pouches were carried on a black hawk gear belt with my M9 in a drop holster.

I also had a mag in my pocket. Back up.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes