You Know You're a Gun Nut If - Page 119
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #1181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
You know your a Gun not when your friends talk to you about what they want to buy before they do, then call you from the store as they are making the purchase!
You know you give the appearance of a gun nut when random ass people you don't even know seek out your opinion in the gun store.

And then the guy behind the counter offers you 5 percent off your next purchase for taking care of that while he was busy with another customer...and because you've also helped other customers in the same shop.

Just helped make a sale on a model 66.

I was behind the counter and he assumed I worked there.
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #1182
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

You know you give the appearance of a gun nut when random ass people you don't even know seek out your opinion in the gun store.

And then the guy behind the counter offers you 5 percent off your next purchase for taking care of that while he was busy with another customer...and because you've also helped other customers in the same shop.

Just helped make a sale on a model 66.

I was behind the counter and he assumed I worked there.
U da Man Trip!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #1183

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You know you're a gun nut when the local shops have extended you an open invite to come behind the counter to browse through the stock.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #1184
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
You know your a Gun not when your friends talk to you about what they want to buy before they do, then call you from the store as they are making the purchase!
If they call me from the gun store it is usually too late to change their mind. Only once have I been able to be of any real help on the phone and that was to get my buddy a gun for a fraction of the asking price because I got frustrated and told him to make an offer for something like half of what they were asking and if they didn't accept it to walk out. They accepted it.

They were shut down by BATFE a few weeks later (Gun Exchange in San Jose CA. Not sure why they were shut down except that they were total A-holes).

Same guy bought a PSA lower from the same store for a lot more than they go for online. I had a deal all set up for him directly from JDM for $140 including transfer, but he couldn't be patient and wait for it.

I think he ended up selling the PSA because it was on the books that he owned an "Assault Rifle" and he was nervous about that. Not sure if he got his money out of it or not, but I hope he did.

I just wish people would ask for advice at a point when they are willing to listen to it!!!!
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #1185
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2913 Times on 1896 Posts

You know you are a gun nut when you get mad at friends after they buy a gun and regret it, because they didn't call you. The trigger pull is too long, I special ordered it and it doesn't fit my hand, etc. Wah wah wah

Old 08-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #1186
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
You know you are a gun nut when you get mad at friends after they buy a gun and regret it, because they didn't call you. The trigger pull is too long, I special ordered it and it doesn't fit my hand, etc. Wah wah wah

Or how about this one. A buddy of mine bought an MP5 years ago- like in 1992 or thereabouts. He called me up the afternoon he picked it up and asked if he could come over and shoot it at my house, which of course I said yes! And then a couple of years (?) later he gave it to a dude in exchange for a brake job on his piece of crap car.

Worst part? I was a professional mechanic and had a shop where I could do all of the side work I wanted and the dude he gave it to wasn't even a mechanic! He never even called me. .

I'm still pissed about that and it has been 20 years now!
People Like This 
Old 08-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #1187

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

If you check armslist at least 10 times a day hoping to be the first to see a good deal!

Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 AM   #1188
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 328 Posts

You know your a gun nut . If you think about them while you are having sex. Or you have sex with your guns.

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 AM   #1189
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3229 Times on 1949 Posts
Likes Given: 3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I just wish people would ask for advice at a point when they are willing to listen to it!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Or how about this one. A buddy of mine bought an MP5 years ago- like in 1992 or thereabouts. He called me up the afternoon he picked it up and asked if he could come over and shoot it at my house, which of course I said yes! And then a couple of years (?) later he gave it to a dude in exchange for a brake job on his piece of crap car.

Worst part? I was a professional mechanic and had a shop where I could do all of the side work I wanted and the dude he gave it to wasn't even a mechanic! He never even called me. .

I'm still pissed about that and it has been 20 years now!
You know you're a gun nut if you can recognize that these posts belong here and not in the Pet Peeves thread!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
People Like This 
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #1190
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2913 Times on 1896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
You know your a gun nut . If you think about them while you are having sex. Or you have sex with your guns.
I don't have any bazookas, so I don't have sex with my guns

Newest Threads