Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #1061
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I feel the same, but if Beretta makes one...an Italian company...and 9mm is so much cheaper....

I'd buy two.
That is true

Old 07-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #1062
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2081 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 433

You know your a Gun Nut if: You went from 2 or 3 post a Day on FTF to being on 2x a day for an hr. at a time......;-)

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

People Like This 
Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #1063

Liked 179 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck97

I think that 1911s should stay .45
I concur. A 9mm 1911 is like sticking a turbo 4 banger in a 67 camaro :/

Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #1064
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92

I concur. A 9mm 1911 is like sticking a turbo 4 banger in a 67 camaro :/
Uh,..not to turn this into a car discussion, but my first "real" car was a '69 Z-28 with a 350 Hydromatic Transmission, but a 327 Engine with sep. fuel injectors for each carb Bbl,..and a coolant injection system..The "effer" flew as it was,..a Vette engine In that Or a 400 Malibu Engine would have driven me right off the D*&^ Throggs Neck Bridge!!! I'm old enough to know my limits at this point, with my health as it is,..i'm just glad to shoot at all,..so i'll stick with my .9's....no offense...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #1065

Liked 7 Times on 3 Posts

Bought two more school locker to store my ammo in. The wife asked why I now have Four locker? I told her I alway had four locker and she just never noticed them.. My next comment was the she does not take any interest in my hobby and if she did she would have know that there was always four lockers.
It worked...

Old 07-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #1066
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7338 Times on 4254 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by charr View Post
Bought two more school locker to store my ammo in. The wife asked why I now have Four locker? I told her I alway had four locker and she just never noticed them.. My next comment was the she does not take any interest in my hobby and if she did she would have know that there was always four lockers.
It worked...
I have a similar strategy. I have an ammo can for each gun when I go to the range. Working on an ammo can for each gun in my ammo storage bunker but the ammo cans are just too small so it obviously takes several ammo cans for each gun (except for the obscure calibers). I should probably just bite the bullet and get a storage locker for the ammo for each gun.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM   #1067
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2228 Times on 1448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charr View Post
It worked...
... Until you need another locker.

Feral cat waterboarder

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #1068

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck97 View Post
I think that 1911s should stay .45
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I feel the same, but if Beretta makes one...an Italian company...and 9mm is so much cheaper....

I'd buy two.
Gentlemen, 45 ACP is a wonderful round, but there are several great rounds for the 1911.

.400 Corbon

.460 Rowland AKA .45 magnum

38 Super

45 Super

ect.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1069
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We needed something that would "fly below the radar" and be part of the decor,...

I still keep about 1/3rd the Handgun Ammo and all the Long Gun ammo in one of the Safes,...but we did this 111 year old Wood Box kinda thing..
So you ask: "what is THAT!" it's a 111 year old Storage box from a mineral spring for deliveries of water(held 6-1Gal. bottles)
I reinforced the corners, put in a plywood "false floor" with 150 Lbs of OLD Steel Joe Weider Weights under it. That and the weight of the Ammo promises the thief the Herniated Disc if they try and pick it up.
My wife went looking for a "box" in her western decor catalogs and they were all $120 & $150 with art prints on the side. We went to an Antique shop and got this box for 1/3rd the price of those catalogs. Only other thing I added was the hasp & padlock(a Master lock)...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

People Like This 
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #1070
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 7338 Times on 4254 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
We needed something that would "fly below the radar" and be part of the decor,...

I still keep about 1/3rd the Handgun Ammo and all the Long Gun ammo in one of the Safes,...but we did this 111 year old Wood Box kinda thing..
So you ask: "what is THAT!" it's a 111 year old Storage box from a mineral spring for deliveries of water(held 6-1Gal. bottles)
I reinforced the corners, put in a plywood "false floor" with 150 Lbs of OLD Steel Joe Weider Weights under it. That and the weight of the Ammo promises the thief the Herniated Disc if they try and pick it up.
My wife went looking for a "box" in her western decor catalogs and they were all $120 & $150 with art prints on the side. We went to an Antique shop and got this box for 1/3rd the price of those catalogs. Only other thing I added was the hasp & padlock(a Master lock)...
One of those antique padlocks you see at gun shows would work even better than a modern Master padlock. Make it look totally like an antique piece of furniture.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
texaswoodworker Likes This