Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #1041
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19979 Times on 11359 Posts
Likes Given: 50399

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
When I was a kid, they were everywhere during the summer. I haven't seen near that many in several years.

I think there's been a slight climate shift in the last few years. It seems like its hotter in the summers, and cooler in the winters than it used to be.
i saw few last summer and haven't seen any this summer yet. i can remember my grandfather liking to sit on the back porch aon summer night and us watching the fireflys lighting up in the dark.
People Like This 
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 AM   #1042
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7803 Times on 4508 Posts
Likes Given: 10054

We don't have fireflies in CA.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #1043

Liked 2350 Times on 1528 Posts

Thousands in northwest Ohio light up continuously. Looking over a soybean field is like a small fireworks show. They are a little thicker than normal, but we usually have a pretty good number of them. My girl gets a kick out of flashing a flashlight across a field of them, they pause for a second, then flash within a second or so of each other.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 AM   #1044
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

You know you're a gun nut if......

You have ever traded services from your business for a customer's gun they are selling. My great grandfather did this in 1947 when he was offered an 1882 Winchester Carbine in.38 Winchester Centerfire for some repairs on a guys truck while he was out here visiting family form Colorado. hat rifle is still in the family.

As a wedding present you receive his and her's gun safes.

Your C&R collection is large enough to have to be categorized by conflict, year of manufacture, and country.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #1045

Liked 571 Times on 303 Posts

You k ow your a gun nut when....

You go to get your car detailed and the guy hands you a hand full of AR small parts am some bullets after the wash.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #1046

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post

You go to get your car detailed and the guy hands you a hand full of AR small parts am some bullets after the wash.
Been handed bullets! Don't own an AR though.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #1047
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Skrb_25 View Post

Loaned my nephew my JEEP Cherokee to drive to school his Senior year, 2 weeks into the school year he walks in and hands me 5 5.56 rounds and says "You trying to get me suspended?" I forgot they were in the ashtray.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 07-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #1048
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7803 Times on 4508 Posts
Likes Given: 10054

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Loaned my nephew my JEEP Cherokee to drive to school his Senior year, 2 weeks into the school year he walks in and hands me 5 5.56 rounds and says "You trying to get me suspended?" I forgot they were in the ashtray.
My son has the same challenges. But just as likely he is driving his Bronco. He usually has a bug-out bag, chainsaw, machete, etc. just because we are often using those tools. He is going to the local county trade school where all pocket knives are banned etc. (its still a public school) but he leaves all of his artillery out in his truck. Sometimes a piece of brass or a live round can be found though.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #1049

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

When 95% of your emails are from Gunbroker "Watched Item Ending Soon"....You might be a gun nut!! lol

Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #1050

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
When 95% of your emails are from Gunbroker "Watched Item Ending Soon"....You might be a gun nut!! lol
Most of mine are from Beretta. Hey, they have nice clothes. Their hunting jackets and range bags just happen to cost the same as a new gun.

Newest Threads