You Know You're a Gun Nut If - Page 100
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Know You're a Gun Nut If

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

One other thing, if you start naming your guns and refer to them when you talk as real people

Old 05-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #992
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. ZX
One other thing, if you have names for your pistols & rifels and refer to them in your talk as if they were real people
No,...I only do that with Computers and My Dog-son(who costs as much as a Human!!)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Threetango Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #993

Liked 245 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 12

From " News of the Weird " site :

Gary Ericcson, 46, was distraught in January at being charged with animal cruelty in shooting to death his beloved pet snake. He told the Charlotte Observer that he is not guilty, as the dear thing had already passed away and that he shot it only "to get the gas out" so that other animals would not dig it up after he buried it. He said he was so despondent (fearing that a conviction will prevent him from being allowed to have even dogs and cats) that in frustration he had shot up and destroyed a large cabinet that housed his Dale Earnhardt collectibles. [Charlotte Observer, 1-3-2013]

Armed and Clumsy (All-New!)
Among the Americans (all males, as usual) who accidentally shot themselves recently: A 19-year-old man, with the AR-15 assault weapon he had just stolen (Independence, Ore., March)*. An angler, shooting salmon (Thurston County, Wash., October). An 18-year-old man, shot in the "groin" while cleaning his gun (Port St. Lucie, Fla., September). A 59-year-old poor-multitasker, who tripped and fell holding his shotgun while talking on the phone to his girlfriend (St. Matthews, S.C., September)*. A police officer serving an arrest warrant (shot in the buttocks) (Mercer Island, Wash., November). A 54-year-old man at a gun show, mistaken about whether his gun was loaded) (Des Moines, Iowa, January). A 22-year-old man, showing off and flummoxed by whether a bullet was still in the chamber (Stamford, Conn., September)*. An 18-year-old man, similarly flummoxed (and suffering the same fate) (St. Petersburg, Fla., January)*.

(* indicates people who will never make that mistake again, or any other) Independence: [KGW-TV (Portland, Ore.), 3-4-2013] Thurston: [The Olympian (Olympia, Wash.), 10-1-2012] Port St. Lucie: [WTSP-TV (St. Petersburg, Fla.), 9-10-2012] St. Matthews: [Associated Press via WYFF-TV (Greenville), 9-21-2012] Mercer Island: [KOMO-TV (Seattle), 11-29-2012] Des Moines: [Des Moines Register, 1-25-2013] Stamford: [Stamford Advocate, 9-14-2012] St. Petersburg: [Tampa Bay Online, 1-10-2013]

Michael Selleneit, 54, pleaded guilty in January to several charges including attempted murder in an October 2011 attack on a neighbor, who Selleneit had declared was raping Selleneit's wife -- "telepathically." In fact, police said, Selleneit had been making that claim "for years," though he had not taken action until October 2011. His wife, Meloney, was also charged, as she allegedly goaded her husband on, telling him to "go for it," and even supplying the gun. Both spouses have been extensively examined by mental health professionals, and it turns out that Michael is the saner of the two. He had been ruled "competent" to stand trial, but Meloney has so far not been. [Deseret News (Salt Lake City), 1-14-2013]

In February, an off-duty Tampa police officer and an off-duty sheriff's detective from nearby Hernando County were awarded the sheriff's office's highest honor, the Medal of Valor, for exemplary bravery in an October incident in which a 42-year-old naked woman was shot to death by the officers. The woman was holding a gun and had made threats, and a 5-year-old boy was inside a truck that she wanted to steal. However, even though a neighbor had simply wrestled the woman down earlier, the officers still thought their only move was to shoot to kill. Said the woman's brother, "They shot a mentally disturbed, naked woman. Is that valor?" [Tampa Bay Times, 2-14-2013]

Gregory Bruni, 21, was arrested in North Fort Myers, Fla., in January after allegedly breaking into a residence at about 7 p.m. (first scurrying across the roof and jumping on one resident who came to investigate). According to police, Bruni was naked, ran maniacally around screaming in gibberish, failed to be intimidated when the female resident fired three "warning shots" with a handgun, fell to the floor after the third shot and began masturbating, and defecated near the front door and in a hallway. Police soon arrived and Tasered him. [Fort Myers News-Press via WTSP-TV (St. Petersburg), 1-25-2013]

The issue of "background checks" for gun purchases occupies center stage in the current gun-regulation debate, even though, ironically, current federal law on such checks is apparently half-heartedly enforced. In the latest data available (from 2010), nearly 80,000 Americans were denied the right to purchase guns because their applications contained false information (even though applicants swear, under penalty of law, that all information is true). However, The New York Times reported in January that of the nearly 80,000 applicants, only 44 were prosecuted for lying, and federal officials said the practice, well-known among applicants with shaky backgrounds, is known as "lie and try." [New York Times, 1-14-2013]

Also in January, Kirill Bartashevitch, 52, was charged with making "terroristic" threats to his high-school-age daughter after he allegedly pointed his new AK-47 at her because her report card showed 2 B's instead of all A's. He said he had recently purchased the gun because he feared that President Obama intended to ban them.) [KXLF-TV (Butte), 12-20-2012] [St. Paul Pioneer-Press, 1-16-2012]

-- As if 9/11 and the resultant air travel restrictions had never happened, travelers for some reason continue to keep Transportation Security Administration agents busy at passengers' carry-on bag searches. From a TSA weekly summary of confiscations in January: 33 handguns, eight stun guns and a serrated wire garrote. Among highlights from 2012: a live 40mm grenade, a live blasting cap, "seal bombs" and six pounds of black powder (with detonation cords and a timing fuse). [The TSA Blog (blog.tsa.gov), 1-11-2012]

Jerry Poe, 62, was charged in a road-rage incident in Clinton on Black Friday after firing his handgun at a driver in front of him "to scare her into moving" faster, he said. (Poe said he had started at midnight at one Wal-Mart, waited in line unsuccessfully for five hours for a sale-priced stereo, and was on his way to another Wal-Mart. [Kingsport Times-News via KnoxNews.com (Knoxville), 10-16-2012] [Knoxville News Sentinel, 1-22-2013] [Knoxville News Sentinel, 11-26-2012]

Last edited by Rentacop; 05-24-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #994
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. ZX View Post
One other thing, if you have names for your pistols & rifels and refer to them in your talk as if they were real people
Doesn't everybody? i thought that was normal.

" This is the newest addition to my family. She is a S&W .500 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel. We have finally decided on her name. Bella, but her nickname is 'Dear God that hurts'! "

If you and your ex-wife are in a bitter custody battle over the gun collection,

If the local range or LGS is referred to as your second home,

If your DVR is full with back episodes of Sons of Guns, G&A TV, the entire Thursday night line up of the Outdoor Channel, Extreme Marksmen, and the entire Saturday morning line up of Versus,

If you know your state's gun laws better than your local judge, DA and chief of police,

If you break into a cold sweat when you find that you have less than 5,000 rounds of any one caliber, because that is the point where you consider yourself to be out of ammunition,

or, you are in the process of getting the proper permits from town hall to build an addition on to your house, just so you can have a reloading room, and an armory, you just might be a gun nut.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #995
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

" This is the newest addition to my family. She is a S&W .500 Magnum with a 4 inch barrel. We have finally decided on her name. Bella, but her nickname is 'Dear God that hurts'! "

If your DVR is full with back episodes of Sons of Guns, G&A TV, the entire Thursday night line up of the Outdoor Channel, Extreme Marksmen, and the entire Saturday morning line up of Versus,

If you know your state's gun laws better than your local judge, DA and chief of police,

If you break into a cold sweat when you find that you have less than 5,000 rounds of any one caliber, because that is the point where you consider yourself to be out of ammunition,

or, you are in the process of getting the proper permits from town hall to build an addition on to your house, just so you can have a reloading room, and an armory, you just might be a gun nut.

You know your a GUn Nut if you plan road trip vacations around where and what you can Shoot!!(Vegas for DW's 50th? no problem lets go shoot Machine Guns!)
White Mtns & Payson Az, this Saturday? no Problem We thing the Outdoor range is open and it's only 5 Bucks for Non-Members!!

2011 Trip To DC & N.Va.....shot There (in Leesburg nr. Dulles and the Smithsonian Air Museum!!)

2010 Summer Road trip to cover College and NFL Camps? We shot is three states with Our NY Permits!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #996

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

When you suspect your cat of stealing your recoil spring. Because he ha sdone it before. Oh..Wait..That is You know your cat is a gun nut....

I do show my cats cool things I see in gun mags and on web sights. I hgave one cat that sits with me when I"m looking at this forum. He leaves when I log out and move to other sites. Again..you know your cat i a gun nut if....

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #997

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

You may be a gun nut if when house shopping, your wife picks a house that has a room perfect for my guns. A gun room. The armory we will call it.

I read some of these to my wife and she said I am one lol.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #998

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Guilty of 3 and 4

Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #999

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Now naming guns, that's just ridiculous. I only call my M44s Blackie and

Brownie to tell them apart. And Mickey and Minnie to separate my

S&Ws, and DeAAna and Rugie for- oh, never mind.

Old 05-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #1000

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
You may be a gun nut if when house shopping, your wife picks a house that has a room perfect for my guns. A gun room. The armory we will call it.

I read some of these to my wife and she said I am one lol.
I have guns all over the house in this and that. Furniture that has locking doors etc. I do have to have a drum/music room though. Well..Now it's an old 12x60 trailer that the living room is taken over with stuff that makes noise.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson