You know what i really HATE!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You know what i really HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat68 View Post
KTMBOYZ, the small primers in .45 ACP has nothing to do with saving money. All .45 ACP that are "Non-Toxic" will have small primers. I work for a company that recycles once "fired brass". I has been proven that the most toxic part of a cartridge being fired is residue from the primer. In order to make a cartridge truly "Non-Toxic", a new explosive had to be developed for that round. This new explosive proved to be too "hot" for the large pistol primers. Hence, the small primers in the .45 ACP. Since we buy "once fired" brass by the ton, it creates a lot of extra work for us, as it all has to be hand sorted
You're from Las Vegas and you "buy once fired brass by the ton". Just curious, do you work for Brassman Brass? I ask because he has some of the best deals going on once fired brass.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

wanna know what i hate is when you are shooting at the range and some old man while your shooting picks up ur brass. Me and my brother call them scavengers and crows

Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #13

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizeus View Post
wanna know what i hate is when you are shooting at the range and some old man while your shooting picks up ur brass. Me and my brother call them scavengers and crows
Were you planning on picking it up, or just leaving it there?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #14

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I HATE WITH A PASSION whenever a friend is at your house and takes it upon themselves to start fingering your guns, "ejecting the mags and working the actions, etc" without getting permission. I keep my guns loaded and i simply dont want anyone messing with them unless "I" make them safe first. I had a friend almost blow a hole in a china cabinet with my semi auto 12 guage a few weeks ago. I watched him chamber a round and start to pull the trigger, i yelled at him and he pulled his hand away at the last second. I was hot for about 2 hours after that.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I HATE WITH A PASSION whenever a friend is at your house and takes it upon themselves to start fingering your guns, "ejecting the mags and working the actions, etc" without getting permission. I keep my guns loaded and i simply dont want anyone messing with them unless "I" make them safe first. I had a friend almost blow a hole in a china cabinet with my semi auto 12 guage a few weeks ago. I watched him chamber a round and start to pull the trigger, i yelled at him and he pulled his hand away at the last second. I was hot for about 2 hours after that.
+1000 years ago when i was just eighteen in the first home that was my own, i kept a pump shotgun with a loaded tube, empty chamber, and disengaged safety in my den. Had a buddy over one day and for whatever reason he decided to cycle the action and pull the f**kin trigger. Needless to say the landlord was not happy about the hole in the wall.

I now make it clear to anybody who comes in my home that if they pick up a firearm in my house, that i didn't hand to them, they'll only be using one hand for a couple months.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #16

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaysWithZombies

+1000 years ago when i was just eighteen in the first home that was my own, i kept a pump shotgun with a loaded tube, empty chamber, and disengaged safety in my den. Had a buddy over one day and for whatever reason he decided to cycle the action and pull the f**kin trigger. Needless to say the landlord was not happy about the hole in the wall.

I now make it clear to anybody who comes in my home that if they pick up a firearm in my house, that i didn't hand to them, they'll only be using one hand for a couple months.
The bad thing is, the guy is really knowledgable of firearms, he has had some really nice guns. It just prooves that common sense can lack sometimes. My shotgun is a Stoeger M2000 and they have different actions than other semi autos. You cant just work the action and load a shell, you have to push a button which pops a shell up to be chambered. If you manually eject the shell it wont chamber another shell. So he wants to unload the gun so he pushes the button, chambers a shell,ejects the shell and dry fires,pushes the button,chambers a shell, ejects the shell,dryfires,pushes the button, chambers a shell, THEN STARTS TO PULL THE TRIGGER. Tht is no bueno!