Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Are You Justified?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
You're driving along a fairly deserted road at night. You see the lights up ahead, a cop has someone pulled over.

As you get closer, you see some ground and pound going on. And the cop is recieving. He's alone, with no back up, and the guy doing the pounding is twice the cop's size.

You have your cell phone, and your trusty CCW.

What do you do?

Not what is the logical choice, what do you actually do?

Justified or unjustified, armed or unarmed I WILL NOT stand idly by and watch someone beat a police officer to death if I am able bodied.

I would be dialing asap and headed toward them yelling for him to stop or I WILL shoot.

If I am unarmed I will still be dialing and running toward them. When I get there I will inflict as much damage as my body and my training will allow to the attacker. If I think quickly enough I will be armed with a baseball bat,crowbar,or whatever from the trunk.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #22

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Shoot first and let God sort it out, then call 911 and let them know what happened, render medical assistance to the LEO, and give the perpetrator a Band-Aid.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

The 911 call will be made but the beatdown is going to stop first. If I had Jack's training, experience, and skills I might approach the situation with a holstered gun (or a q-tip and a rubber band) - but I don't. I'm going to enter the melee with the business end of a .45 pointed COM on the person administering the beating and what happens next is totally up to them. If they cease & desist and immediately lay face down - all is well. If not, I hope they're prepared for a transitional life experience.

Note: While I never (actually very rarely) carry a .45, I ALWAYS have one in my truck. The past few weeks it's been a Sig P220 loaded with Gold Dots...

Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 AM   #24

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Rewritten for local conditions:

You're driving along a fairly deserted road at night. You see the lights up ahead, a cop has someone pulled over.

As you get closer, you see some ground and pound going on. And the cop is recieving. He's alone, with no back up, and the guy doing the pounding is twice the cop's size.

You have your cell phone, which has no coverage outside the major cities since the Govt shut down the CDMA network, and a tyre iron in the back which you could not legally use anyway as the BG is unarmed.

What do you do?
Come up behind the perp and give him the the best shots in the head I can with my size 10½ boot. If I can't reach his head, any other body areas, including the groin, would be my secondary targets. I'm 6' 2" and weigh 230 pounds so putting all that fatassed weight behind my boot should cause some "consternation" to the perp.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Justified or unjustified, armed or unarmed I WILL NOT stand idly by and watch someone beat a police officer to death if I am able bodied.

I would be dialing asap and headed toward them yelling for him to stop or I WILL shoot.

If I am unarmed I will still be dialing and running toward them. When I get there I will inflict as much damage as my body and my training will allow to the attacker. If I think quickly enough I will be armed with a baseball bat,crowbar,or whatever from the trunk.
You don't carry?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #26

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Most of you are spot on, after Robo, I don't think that there is anything I can add.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 06-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would be dialing and on the phone until the door of my truck opens. After that I'm all business and the phone can wait. I would come out pistol drawn and if the BG doesn't want to listen to me he can hold a few. The officer will recieve first aid to the best of my ability until further assistance arrives.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
You don't carry?
Oh I always carry. I was pretending to be someone who might not.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #29

Likes Given: 2

Said several times brother is a cop. I would like to think that I would help the cop and then make wahtever calls I need to. When questioned make sure I play up how scared for the uniform I was and how I was too nevervous/scared/panicking to call anyone and explain ahead of time. As a citizen, I would already have be building my defense before anyone could ask me any questions by apparently not taking time to think about it too much. Now if I was on post, (in uniform) I would have to radio in for help as we are supposed to be professionals always in control.