Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You just can't appease Terrorists

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The cowardly tactics of using women and children as human shields, transporting combatants and weapons in ambulances, and using mosques as headquarters cannot cause us to hesitate to kill the bad guys.
I think that's the only time I agree with "Kill 'em all. Let God sort them out."

Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Kill the bad guys, but do what you can to make sure the innocent guys are out of the way first.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:38 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
"Kill 'em all. Let God sort them out."
I believe the actual quote is: "Kill them all. God shall know His own" Abbot of Citeaux

JD

Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM   #14

I guess all the billions in aid isn't enough to give us acess to the backcountry we need to to kill the enemies of the United States.
I amazed a country like ours with all the assests we have we can't find
one raghead criminal like bin ladin.It's like we are bombing tents with million dollard missles doesn't make much sense.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I believe the actual quote is: "Kill them all. God shall know His own" Abbot of Citeaux

JD
Was that before or after "Who's On First"?

Old 09-22-2008, 12:46 AM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Was that before or after "Who's On First"?
Abbot of Citeaux - 1209

Abbott & Costello - 1940's

I am going with BEFORE....

JD

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I think we all need to realize that we are Americans, and as Americans we need to value all innocent life. We need to conduct this war in a way that minimizes collateral damage as much as possible.

To say that a country deserves a bombing of one of it's hotels because they disagree with us, is absolutely not American in my humble opinion. We are better than that.

Regardless of what we think, Pakistan is it's own sovereign nation with it's own political/religous ideals. We do need to stop all terrorists that are fleeing into their country, that is true. We cannot do this by just flexing our muscles. We need to be smart about this, and avoid straining our relations with the middle east any further.

Any time our relations are strained, the terrorists will use that to their advantage to recruit more members into their fold. This means more suicide bombings, IEDs, VBIEDs, etc.......
That’s the biggest bunch of liberal BS I have ever heard. Seriously are you a closet Obama/Hillary campaigner? It sounds like some idiotic trash that would come out of their camps. If we fought with that idiotic mindset in WWII we would be all heil-ing Hitler right now. We won WWII because we bombed the hell out of Germany. We destroyed the Ruhr valley and we leveled every major city in Germany. Yea a lot of German people died but it would have been worse for us if we didn't destroy Germany. Millions of soldiers would have died in the Pacific if we didn't drop the atomic bomb. The Japanese were nuts and they would have killed as many of our guys as possible before they died. We killed thousands of theirs but it saved millions of ours. You really need to pick up a history book. Restrictive warfare and fighting a conventional warfare against irregular forces never works. It didn't work for the Union against Nathan Bedford Forrest. It didn't for us in Vietnam a restrictive warfare didn't work for the Germans in WWI when it came to the U-boats. Take a lesson from history. Thinking like yours and the stupid liberals doesn't work in the real world and in real warfare.

Old 09-22-2008, 01:41 AM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

You obviously have no idea who I am, slickrick.

I know about warfare. I am a Sergeant in a combat unit in the USAF. I am a conservative, and I've been in combat in Iraq. I am well trained in what I do, and my job is warfare.

Been there, done that. Will be gladly doing it again soon.

I have been trained by the US government on alot of aspects of conventional, guerilla, and asymmetrical warfare. My opinion is based on my education, and my experiences in the theatre of war.

Warfare has evolved from the days of WWII. We cannot use the same tactics as we have then, and I will not get into a long, drawn out discussion over why my opinion is what it is, especially to a civilian who cannot possibly fully understand what is going on in our current war. You receive all of your information from the news stations, and other forms of media which are all biased one way or another. The first thing I learned in my combat training is the media is useless and easily swayed.

We have also evolved as a country since the days of WWII. Innocent life is precious. The lives of women, children, babies, men, senior citizens are all valuable, and it is against our current military code of conduct and laws of armed conflict to engage civilian targets, or allow civilian targets to be engaged by force.

My opinion is such because I am bound to it. My duty is to protect civilian life by any means, whether it be conflict, or diplomacy.

Would you feel the same about your life if you were in that hotel that was bombed that day in Pakistan.

I will fight and kill, but only against those who deserve to die.

If you are military, or prior military, slickrick, I suggest you discipline yourself, and maintain some maturity in your posts.

I know my duty, do your know yours?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 AM   #19

Quote:
You obviously have no idea who I am, slickrick.?
No and I could really care less

Quote:
I know about warfare. I am a Sergeant in a combat unit in the USAF. I am a conservative, and I've been in combat in Iraq. I am well trained in what I do, and my job is warfare..?
Its sad we have people like you fighting for this country. We don't need narrow minded people like you fighitng a war. People like you lose wars for countries people like George Patton and Dwight Einsenhower win wars. Your in the airforce have you seen any ground fighting? Have you seen people get beheaded, blown up, bloody decapitated arms and legs flying at you when when people get blown up. These aren't people they're rag head camel jokey savages who deserve to die.

Quote:
Been there, done that. Will be gladly doing it again soon.
Good for you but as said already the army is better without you.

Quote:
I have been trained by the US government on alot of aspects of conventional, guerilla, and asymmetrical warfare. My opinion is based on my education, and my experiences in the theatre of war.
And my opinion is based on historical fact. Again pick up a history modern warfare book instead of what the army brain washes you to believe.

Quote:
Warfare has evolved from the days of WWII. We cannot use the same tactics as we have then
Ok fine but with stupid thinking like that don't expect to win many wars.

Quote:
and I will not get into a long, drawn out discussion over why my opinion is what it is, especially to a civilian who cannot possibly fully understand what is going on in our current war.
That has to be the most pitiful argument yet. They don't understand huh..maybe we're looking at two different wars here. The last time I checked these "civilians" who don't know whats going on are the same ones that are blowing our guys up, helping to plant bombs and carrying guns under thier clothes. You really are living in a closet aren't you.

Quote:
We have also evolved as a country since the days of WWII. Innocent life is precious. The lives of women, children, babies, men, senior citizens are all valuable, and it is against our current military code of conduct and laws of armed conflict to engage civilian targets, or allow civilian targets to be engaged by force.
Again with bs thinking like that don't expect to win any wars. Patton and Eisenhower had the right idea. Bomb the hell out of them and kill as many of them as possible until they have nothing left to fight with.

Quote:
Would you feel the same about your life if you were in that hotel that was bombed that day in Pakistan.
I would hope to live if not it was my time to go. These people don't care about life so I don't either. Kill as many of them as possible.

Quote:
I know my duty, do your know yours?
Yes to kill as many of those rag head camel jokeys as possible.

Old 09-22-2008, 02:25 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Slickrick, all I have left to say is, yes, I have seen death. I am in a combat ground unit that supports USAF air operations. I have seen children die, and I have had friends die. I still have bad dreams because of it.

I am glad to be in this military so I can defend people like you who voice their opinions without properly educating themselves.

I just want to ask you a few questions? What have you given for this country? How old are you? Do you know what sacrifice is?

I won't try to defend my military experience to someone like you. I do not answer to you or anyone else on these forums. I am glad you speak your mind because that is what America is all about.

Good people are still dying every day, so I will always maintain that every decision that the US government makes must be well-thought out and rational, because every decision means that family members will have to bury their loved ones.

I'm proud of the accomplishments of the US military so far, because there are alot, and unfortunately the media does not broadcast them.

I still have faith in the US government, as flawed as it is, even though you obviously couldn't care less.

You seem to have alot of anger. I invite you to join the armed forces (doesn't matter what branch). We can help you channel that anger into something useful.