You guys and gals with daughters (and maybe sons too) - Page 5

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You guys and gals with daughters (and maybe sons too)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 881 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Funny story... we kept a really close eye on our kids, like drum checking in with other parents.

They were out in my Ford Focus, which had an ignition switch issue, where the switch would jam. I got a call one night, the car won't start and it's blocking her friend's driveway.... Guess what, the car busted them where they weren't supposed to be.

Cell phone tracking ROCKS THE WORLD. They were running late one night. Mom got a bad feeling, so we called them. They stopped at McD's, except dumb ole dad hears driving noises. So dad checks the phone GPS and followed their travels! It was almost too funny.

Oldest told me that someday she was going to be smarter than I. Told her good luck with that one

Old 10-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #42
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8933 Times on 3869 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Re: Ankle bracelet for sex offenders- I live in the country. We did not have the fancy electronic ones, so we had to make do with what we had.

8ft of log chain and a boat anchor.

Now y'all stay away from the river and the swimming pool, y'hear?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1232 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I often tell people if I was a teenager there is no way I want a cell phone. I would not have liked being able to have someone reach out and touch me!

My kids were soccer players, and I coached both at the rec level, until they became better players then I was a coach. I turned them over to someone more competant and became a referee.

Particularly with my daughter, my rule was if no other adult was at practice the kids could kick the ball around themselves, and I would sit in the car. There was no way I was letting one of the little miscreants tell there parents I touched them improperly. There was also no way I was going to be the last adult leaving that practice pitch if there were any of my team still there. There were more then a few times I took kids home. I could not understand how someone could leave a child and not be back on time. We had to rent the field, so 5:30 to 7:00 meant someone else had the field at 7:00. Not a tough concept. Yet it happened repeatedly. I also would try to show up 15 min early (often difficult to do as my daughter was totally unfamiliar with the concept of early), and it is amazing how often kids would be there waiting, with no adult.

There are a lot of parents that need a whack upside the head.

I also looked forward to watching both kids play about 90 soccer games a year, and my daughter run 12-15 track meets. I don't understand those who don't. I understand those who cannot, just not those who can and do not.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Axxe55 Likes This