You guys and gals with daughters (and maybe sons too) - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You guys and gals with daughters (and maybe sons too)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
^^^^^^^^ this!

If you've never done this, do it now, people. I was shocked, as there was probably 50-60 in a ten mile radius. This is a rural environment, and was two years or so since I last viewed it.
very much so! sex offenders have to register as part of their parole or probation requirements. they are free to look at on most state databases online.

i can handle 1000 or 10000 i hate you's from a child, rather than see one come to harm.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #32

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
very much so! sex offenders have to register as part of their parole or probation requirements. they are free to look at on most state databases online.

i can handle 1000 or 10000 i hate you's from a child, rather than see one come to harm.
What puts the ice in your spine is when you see one non compliant and their history is in your area.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
What puts the ice in your spine is when you see one non compliant and their history is in your area.
that is scary. personally, i not 100% sure that sex offenders can be fully rehabilitated back into normal society. i may be wrong about that, but that's just the way i feel about them.

Old 10-10-2013, 07:58 AM   #34

Maybe they can maybe not. Either way if I'm line of sight they will have my undivided attention.

I understand there's some crimes that get someone the tag of sex offender that might not be as bad as it sounds. but man you look at some of the things these people did, the age of the victim and I have to think top myself anyone that can cross that line with a child pretty much gives up the right to ever get the benefit of the doubt form me.

Some 18 year old kid that gets a statutory charge due to a 17 year old girlfriend I can overlook. Although these days many states have made that charge not so sticky. I think they have to be under 15 in Ky now. I'll have to look that up to be sure. But you see some guys mug and yoiu se his victim was some grade school kid and I just want to shoot them in the street like vermin. I want to...I am not saying I will. If it was my kid I can't say I wouldn't though. The parents that somehow don't I'd love to know how they have the restraint., My daughter is grown but if someone molested her I'd be in the car and getting where that asshat was at lights speed. I have no idea how someone with a small child restrains themselves. I don't think I could.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

A word of caution about sex offender data bases. Just because a person's name is on the list doesn't mean they are a sexual predator. If you see a few names in your neighborhood don't freak out and move to where the men are men and only the sheep know it. Find out what they were arrested for. Many of them could be as simple as a guy turning 18 and dating the same 16 year old he has been seeing for 3 years. Others could have been peeing on a dumpster in some bars parking lot. There are literally dozens of "sex" crimes out there that have nothing to do with aggression toward another person.

Now if you happen to find a released child molester out there, be worried. Be very worried. They cannot be rehabilitated, and their crime will usually escalate.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #36

I don't know about other states but they will show some info on the Ky database as to how they got on the list. Including the age of the victim.

I already live in the sticks and know all too well it don't matter where you go. There will be some around.

Doc you reminded me of a joke. Know why a sheep herder tucks his pants in his boots?
You drop those back legs in and they aint goin no plac
e
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Doc you reminded me of a joke. Know why a sheep herder tucks his pants in his boots?
You drop those back legs in and they aint goin no plac
e
That's baaaaad.
People Like This 
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #38
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8144 Times on 4199 Posts
Likes Given: 9354

My wife and I made it through kids somewhat OK, now were Grandparents and more scary times have come. Every day, another sexual predator is re-arrested after they repeat offend or escalate their offenses. Check out the link below, This SOB has victimized young males since 1988 and is perhaps the most prolific offender registered in the City of Syracuse. Carrigan has been arrested on 16 occasions on 40 different charges. Of those charges, 16 were felonies and 22 were misdemeanors along with 2 other charges. Out of 16 felonies, 3 resulted in convictions. 12 of the 22 misdemeanor charges resulted in 12 convictions. His crimes span a 25 year period and with every conviction, we were promised he would be prevented from future assaults.

http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=927888#.UlZ_c1NvCSo

If you dont protect your sons and daughters 100% of the time, they will become victims nearly 100% of the time. Scum have nothing better to do than stalk their next victims, time is on their side not yours. Trusting the State and Federal Authorities to keep vermin in jail is an unwise thing to do. Another link below of one POS repeat offender that was released with an Ankle bracelet, tampered with it multiple times without a single intervention then hijacked a car, raped and killed a mother, brutally raped her daughter and nobody in charge of his "Home Incarceration" will be punished for not responding to his tampering. This in the little city of Syracuse!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296002/David-Renz-Sex-offender-killed-librarian-raped-daughter-able-reassemble-court-ordered-ankle-monitor.html
People Like This 
Old 10-10-2013, 11:43 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I have to think the sex offender and teacher/student sex thing was around LONG before the web and news media made a big stink about it. It cannot have suddenly exploded in the past 20 years like it appears. We likely all grew up around it but just didn't know it. Wonder if our parents had the same thoughts and discussions.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #40

Liked 2821 Times on 1833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
I have to think the sex offender and teacher/student sex thing was around LONG before the web and news media made a big stink about it. It cannot have suddenly exploded in the past 20 years like it appears. We likely all grew up around it but just didn't know it. Wonder if our parents had the same thoughts and discussions.
A girl in my class was getting it on with a teacher, when she was in eighth grade.