You found WHAT in the barrel of that gun?' - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You found WHAT in the barrel of that gun?'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2404 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Hey all these are great! I never would have imagined frogs or snakes. But I guess if a chicken wing can make a barrel it's home, so can anything else. The frog I'd have been fine with. The snake.... Well lets just say me and snakes have a problem. Once we coaxed it out of the barrel it would have been dead. I hate snakes.

Quote:
During a "drill weekend" some regular pukes who had nothing better to do then vandalize equipment got into the motor pool & aircraft hangars of unsaid Aviation unit. All I have to say is it's very hard to clean condiments out of rocket tubes, as well as sugar in gas tanks...
Sugar and condiments? If you want to play with those go work at a fast food restaurant where you belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Thanks for sharing.

That's ridiculous. My bet is the chicken wing and hamburger wrapper were a disgruntled partner who was pissed a his riding buddy one night, and thought "hey this is gonna be funny."

Kinda one of those redneck "hey hold my beer" moments.
I could see this happening. It makes sense to me.

Sharing at the point of delirium I had last night was not a problem.At that point sharing was totally involuntary and shutting up was the problem. One of my female coworkers was mad at me all night cuz she asked me how things were going and I told her "Fine except I gotta offload this chimichanga out of my butthole. It's starting to burn."

The shift Sgt was laughing at me all night cuz he kept asking how I was doing and I kept telling him things like "Ya'll can screw me all night on this shift. As long as I stay caffeinated I will be just fine. Tell your people to buy some red bull, drop their balls and come to work tomorrow night though. Cuz I ain't staying again I need sleep."

Sharing was easy. Getting myself to shut up was the hard part.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #12

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1247

Picked a bunch up after my grandfather died, got home the action was locked on my sears 12. 2 fat wood screws sitting behind the bolt. It still has me wondering.

Oh ya great read by the way!!!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x
Picked a bunch up after my grandfather died, got home the action was locked on my sears 12. 2 fat wood screws sitting behind the bolt. It still has me wondering.

Oh ya great read by the way!!!
Thanks! Were the screws screwed into the wood? Or somehow shoved in the action behind the bolt?

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
This thread is dedicated to crap that doesn't belong in the barrel of a shotgun. Or under the seat of a car... Or behind the wheel of the car... Or shoved in a magazine.... Or in an ammo can...

You guys get the drift. So post your story. What was it, where did you find it, what's the story behind it, and why was it so dumb to find it there in the first place?

I'll kick it off. This is going to be a long story. Why? Because I'm bored and its my thread. And I want it to be. If you don't want to read a long story go start a thread about Glock malfunctions or the terminal ballistics of cat poop when fired from a 20" barrel at 3000 FPS. Or whether a grizzly's jaw pressure is enough to induce a failure to feed in a 1911. Or whatever it is you smart people post about. Because this is a dumb story about dumb crap that dumb people did. It doesn't get much simpler. Or longer.

But along the way I will give you some insight into what goes through the mind of a deranged psychotic LEO at the end of a hellish work cycle in which he got absolutely NO sleep for 48 hours and very little sleep out to 60 hours. And you will figure out very quickly why I did not list the city or state I am from. (So you cant call the people on me. So don't bother trying to report me as psychologically unfit for duty. They probably already know this by now. And leave the IA people alone, they have enough to deal with without this crap.)

Police shotguns are normally not maintenanced well.

Let me rephrase that. At my agency, police shotguns are not maintenanced at all. When you cant keep your AC running, your tank is on E, the gas card doesnt want to work, and dispatch is calling you out for the 35th time tonight to help some old lady raise her prepubescent grandson who thinks he's next years white boy model of lil boosie.... Breaking down the office issue 870 thats spent its entire useful life banging around your cage is the last thing on your mind.

So recently the range staff called in all the shotguns for maintenance, probably for the first time in... Well...

Forever. Seriously.

So everybody turns in their shotguns and the armorers take them to the back. The next couple of weeks are our range in service classes. These are classes that spend all morning mostly covering the fact that we need more training. Yes. That's right. We are trained that we need training while we're at training. The evening is spent conducting as many worst case contorted shooting scenarios that the ex SWAT firearms instructors can come up with. (Mostly to make the non SWAT firearms instructors cringe at the possible safety violations.)

They cram us into tiny cars and make us shoot over the steering wheels at steel targets. They make moving silhouette targets that are on wheels and chase you across the range. They make you lie on your back and shoot at downrange targets from between your legs. They stick you in the shoot house and send six of their super secret squirrel current SWAT ex navy seal/army ranger/lawn gnome elimination squad role players in there armed with a simunition gun in each hand to remind us of the 3,000,000 ways that any "normal call" could turn into a scenario that would go horribly terribly irrevocably wrong and result in you being shot with 12 magazines full of simunitions rounds at the same time.

At the end of our in service, in the briefing room we find a pile of random objects. We think its weird but then they make us watch yet another youtube video of yet another police officer getting shot and dying in agony screaming on the radio, and five other youtube videos of police officers using excessive force on camera.

We understand sir. We need more training or we might be holding our guts in our hands on the side of the road, and then get mad about it and stand up and beat somebody's @$$ with one of our intestines. And God forbid if its caught on a cell phone camera because small intestine ninja whip is not listed on the use of force continuum as an intermediate weapon. So please tell us about all this trash sitting on ya'lls desk?

So we finally get our debriefing. This is when the range staff with all of their bright charisma....

...Ok I'm kidding. Firearms instructors do not have charisma. It all leaked out through hemorrhoids developed from their first few years of walking around constantly clenching their butt cheeks waiting to get shot in the face by an idiot rookie who doesn't know how to talk to you without his finger on the trigger.

After the first few years, once their personality and charisma has completely disappeared altogether, they are left with balls of steel and very tough butt cheeks. Nothing causes their stress level to rise any more. An atomic bomb could go off by their foot and they would simply cock their earpro slightly forward and say "shooter take your finger off the trigger."

The ones who do have charisma are all ex or current SWAT. They do not care. They have all been shot at on purpose and are still alive so they aren't worried about accidents. They are too busy cracking jokes and making you laugh while taking you apart with their eyeballs and figuring out easy ways to kill or purposefully maim you for life and justify it on paper through office policy.

But I digress. In the dry and factual manner that only range staff can deliver information in, they inform us that all these items came out of the barrels of our shotguns. They were met with shocked silence, a few snickers and a lot of "what the..........."

The first item I could understand. It was ink pens. This makes perfect sense. I buy ink pens by the bag. I have literally bought hundreds of thousands of ink pens in my career. If I make it 3 hours with the same ink pen in my pocket, I throw it out of the window on principle. Because ink pens disappear. It's what they do. They always do it at the sneakiest moments when some coworker is around to observe how unprepared you are and make a snide remark about "what kindof cop doesn't have an ink pen?" Now I know where they go hide. Secretly they all want to fight crime and embed themselves into bad guys at the speed of light. So they hide in shotgun barrels on their own volition.

The second item was a hamburger wrapper. A balled up hamburger wrapper. This one hacked me off. There is no way an entire hamburger wrapper gets balled up small enough to fit down a 12 gauge barrel on accident. Somebody ate a burger and was too fricking lazy to find a trash can and figured what the heck, I'll never use this shotgun anyway. Why would I ever need it? (Same kind of reasoning as the dead eye tough guys on here have when they tell me carrying an extra magazine or two is paranoid cuz statistically I probably won't need it. Fricking stupid.)

This is the kind of complacent crap that gets people killed when SHTF on a call. If somebody is lazy enough to stuff a hamburger wrapper in a shotgun barrel, they are lazy enough to cut other corners too. And my luck, I'll be the one holding the back end of a shotgun that just blew to pieces and wondering why there's tweety birds floating around my head.

Hamburger wrappers go in the trash. Or in the ash tray. Or on the floor. Or shoved up your @:&:&:. They go anywhere but the barrel of a long gun that I might potentially have to use.

The third object numbed my brain. I literally cannot remember anything else that happened after this or any of the other objects in the pile. Somehow sitting in the barrel of an 870 for the last God knows how many years, was a chicken wing. Or buffalo wing, or whatever you want to call it. A freaking piece of chicken! How the HELL do you get a piece of chicken INSIDE of the barrel of a shotgun? What were you DOING? Did you run out of buffalo sauce and decide to try powder residue as a seasoning agent? Did you lose the bag and decide the barrel of the long gun was a good place to save it for later? Did you mistake the red chicken wing for a shotgun shell on a hot call and chamber it on accident while performing a combat load? Was it a substitute for the pepper ball rounds fired from a shotgun? Did you intend on being prepared for a hostage situation in which the hostage taker demanded immediate delivery of 1 buffalo wild wing to release all 50 hostages and figure you might have to fire it through a plate glass window or over the top of a small building?

A CHICKEN WING?!?!?!?!

WTF?!

THAT CRAP DOES NOT BELONG IN THERE!

Ok I'm done.

So for those of you troopers who have made it to the end of this long psychologically disturbed ranting, was it worth it in the end? Did you laugh? More importantly, have you ever found some crap that should NEVER have been in the barrel of a weapon? (Or wherever else that it was and shouldn't have been)?
^ This is the most entertaining thing I have read all week. LMAO!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #15

They were just laying in there. Its one of those things makes me wonder if gramps didn't do it to make sure I got it. My uncle raided the stash, took everything nice, pretty, value I got the rest lol the blue was even messed up real bad on it. Realy got me thinking now lol .. Hmmmmmm I wonder if he knew

Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 PM   #16

Liked 64 Times on 39 Posts

Never found anything in a gun that didn't belong. But I have found interesting things inside of electronics. When younger and could see better I was the one the family would come to if their tape player, VCR, computer, ect.... Wasn't working.

Found in VCRs
Paper plate
Candy bar

Found in computers
Paper in cooling fan
Bugs
And a few things I can't mention do to Leo still looking into it.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

^ This is the most entertaining thing I have read all week. LMAO!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!
Hey thank JW. He was the one who encouraged me to start a thread with this lunacy. Although I doubt he expected a 3 page rant out of it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
racer_x

They were just laying in there. Its one of those things makes me wonder if gramps didn't do it to make sure I got it. My uncle raided the stash, took everything nice, pretty, value I got the rest lol the blue was even messed up real bad on it. Realy got me thinking now lol .. Hmmmmmm I wonder if he knew
Maybe he was trying to "screw" your uncle out of the gun. Haha!

Screws is a new one!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So far we have:

1)Chicken wing,
2)ink pen,
3)hamburger wrapper/paper
4)$1000(WTF?!),
5)frog,
6)snake,
7)magazine (?!),
8 )condiments,
9) sugar (in gas tank),
10) screws
11) candy bar (in VCR but now I remember THAT was one of the items in the pile at in service too.)

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-04-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My beloved Bersa Thunder .380 went to my sister after she asked me to clean the lil pimptastic .25acp in her purse; the .25 had one in the pipe, safety off, loose & free in the purse, and a barrel full of some caramel candy. The Bersa fares much better; it has a holster, has a better safety, has a finish she wants to protect, and gets to ride in the door pocket most times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
...They make you lie on your back and shoot at downrange targets from between your legs.

LOL! Snubnose revolvers FTMFL!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 09-04-2013 at 07:45 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #20

#9 lmao ..............