You found WHAT in the barrel of that gun?' - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You found WHAT in the barrel of that gun?'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2261 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
When I was a young aspiring Technician in a TV Shop (1984), a commercial came out where a kid pushed a PB Sandwich into a VCR. From that day on, the first thing we had to check is for foreign objects. I found everything from Grapes to a bag of pot inside! We made so much money from that commercial!
Yeah I think we could have a whole different thread just for VCR stories. LOL!

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-11-2013, 12:20 AM   #112

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Who even owns a VCR any more. I have never owned one but my parents had one when I was young.

Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. –Mark Twain

Old 09-11-2013, 12:26 AM   #113
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 960 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
Who even owns a VCR any more. I have never owned one but my parents had one when I was young.
I still have 2 of them!!
Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #114

Liked 87 Times on 57 Posts

Quote:
I'm sitting here right now looking at 2 hooked up the the tv, and yes, they both still work.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2261 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

I'm sitting here right now looking at 2 hooked up the the tv, and yes, they both still work.
My wife's Disney princess collection and her cartoon bible stories collection from when she was a kid are all on VHS. My little girl watches them all the time. It would probably cost me over $100 to replace all of them with DVDs. So why bother when the VHS player and the tapes still work just fine?

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #116
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

We've got a few.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #117
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8250

Quote:
I still have 5 of them myself. 3 still play, the other 2 are used as signal feeds for the dvd recorders. If all 3 apartments in my building are counted, we have about 8 fully operational units, and 13 overall counting the signal feeds.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #118
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8250

When I first bought my '92 F-150, the heat and AC system worked likt it was brand new. Except for the defroster. After removing the dash to try to find the problem, i found the following items jammed in my defrost ducts.

4 ink pens.
6 fuel receipts.
about a dozen cigarettes.
2 burger wrappers (various fast food places).
2 chicken nuggets.
1 10 gauge shotshell hull.
More old broken rubber bands than I could count.
Dog food (dry).
A condom still in the wrapper, 5 years past safe use date.
3 broken #2 pencils.
And about 2 pounds of stuff I will not be going into on here.

After running a Carfax report on the truck. I found out that I was the 4th owner of it. Owner 1 was a farmer in Ohio. Owner 2 was a lawn care company in Buffalo NY, Owner 3 was a college student. The unnameable items I will leave to your imaginations.

Strangest thing in a gun barrel? Finger bones. One of my friends decided to play a prank on me while I was cleaning his great grandfather's Remington hammerlock double, so he put one of the fingers of off one of his dad's teaching skeletons in the L\H barrel before he handed it to me. Funny now, not so funny then. I didn't see the wired joints at first, and in a picture of great grand dad he is missing his right hand. Needless to say, it freaked me out a little.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 11-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #119

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Crickets. Just a few minutes ago. I completely forgot about this thread or I would've taken pictures.

Came into work, and my coworker and his son were here. Coworker has a maverick 88, and says "here check this out. My mom found this in a storage unit yesterday and gave it to me. But it won't cycle and looks like ****. I'm scared to even look down the barrel because I can't pull the pump back."

We managed to jimmy it around enough to get the barrel off... And it was packed from the breach to about three inches back from the muzzle full of crickets. It was leaned up in a corner.

The resultant Goo from their decay had leaked into the receiver and thoroughly coated everything to the point that it wouldn't cycle.

He wanted to take it hunting. OK. I cleared everything out, snaked the bore, flushed it with boiling hot water, sprayed it with penalube, and racked it until it smoothed out.

He's supposed to bring it back to me later on today to give it a thorough cleaning.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

Quote:
I hear ya. I'm a Sony Betamax man myself.
betamax-ad.jpg