Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Was you drugged as a child. I was.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 171 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
If I was not drugged, my mom made me pulled a piece of tree for butt tanning session. If not the tree, she got the orange hot wheels race track.

I remember in High School days, spanking was allowed. The wooden 1 inch thick, holes in for proper contact and no drag.
BC, yeap me too & if you can back with a switch to small , LOOK OUT, the tanning was much worse............. LOL
Old 05-12-2014, 01:11 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6949 Times on 4180 Posts
Likes Given: 8357

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I was drug iike everyone else. I didn't do a damned bit of good for me. I was an emancipated minor at 15. The clerk of court could see that things were not going well at home for me. The clerk set up the emancipation hearing and stood by me to help me with the things in the legal system a 15 year old couldn't possibly understand. When the deputy delivered the paperwork for my grandmother to sign she slapped my face as soon as he drove off. That was the last time she slapped me in the face. She didn't see me again until I was 26.
I'm sorry that life was like that for you, JD. I was very, VERY naive at the age of 15 and I would never have survived on my own. Where did you go and how did you get along? Did you finish high school? I lived at home until I was 23 and even though I'd call my Mom a lot with questions about day to day things.

I was rarely, if ever, hit as a child. There were no whuppins, no switches, no belts, not wooden spoons, etc. My Mom was Sicilian and she could put you in your place with a look. Of course, I wasn't a very challenging child. When my Mom started slamming cabinets, we knew she was getting pissed and we'd run for the hills until she cooled down. My sister was a bit more challenging and I remember a time or two she caught hell. But even then that was very rare.

And, if I may say so myself, I think I'm a pretty good adult. It doesn't always take beatings to make a good into a good adult. I rarely hit my children, either. I just couldn't do it. In fact, I don't hit my animals, either . My children are all successful adults who work hard and my dogs are obedient animals who always aim to please me.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 446 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 144

I remember in grade school in north Ga., if we got out of line at recess or at P.E., the Teacher's Aide would have us go and cut her a switch from the woods at the edge of the school yard. Then of course, we all carried pocketknives and it was not a big deal at all. We would sometime cut rings up and down the switch, when about the second or third swat on your butt happened, the switch would pretty much just fly into pieces.
She realized what we did, then she would borrow our knives and cut her a good one,, yes that one stung a might.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:53 PM   #14

Liked 269 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 40

My mamma made me drink vinegar when I cursed, a few wooden spoons were broke on my butt also. Im glad she did, I think it made me a better man

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

dango Likes This 
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1679 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1269

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
I remember in grade school in north Ga., if we got out of line at recess or at P.E., the Teacher's Aide would have us go and cut her a switch from the woods at the edge of the school yard. Then of course, we all carried pocketknives and it was not a big deal at all. We would sometime cut rings up and down the switch, when about the second or third swat on your butt happened, the switch would pretty much just fly into pieces.
She realized what we did, then she would borrow our knives and cut her a good one,, yes that one stung a might.
There was a peach tree out back and if we got out of line the teacher would have us go cut her a switch off of it. We would cut a small one and if it didn't last to her liking she would go cut her own and finish up with that. By the time I finished 3rd grade there had been so many limbs cut it died.....

VERY WELL SAID STRING............
People Like This 
Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I didn't get nearly butt whuppings as I needed but I remember my Grandmother striping my young ass with the cord off an iron. Remember the old ones you had to plug into the iron and had the woven cloth around it. I don't remember my offense but I'm pretty sure i didn't repeat it. The song "Love Hurts" comes to mind.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Last edited by string1946; 05-13-2014 at 01:20 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17318

Well , I got my own story but won't bore you with it . Things sure have changed though .

Old 05-13-2014, 03:48 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1477 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 512

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm sorry that life was like that for you, JD. I was very, VERY naive at the age of 15 and I would never have survived on my own. Where did you go and how did you get along? Did you finish high school? I lived at home until I was 23 and even though I'd call my Mom a lot with questions about day to day things.

I was rarely, if ever, hit as a child. There were no whuppins, no switches, no belts, not wooden spoons, etc. My Mom was Sicilian and she could put you in your place with a look. Of course, I wasn't a very challenging child. When my Mom started slamming cabinets, we knew she was getting pissed and we'd run for the hills until she cooled down. My sister was a bit more challenging and I remember a time or two she caught hell. But even then that was very rare.

And, if I may say so myself, I think I'm a pretty good adult. It doesn't always take beatings to make a good into a good adult. I rarely hit my children, either. I just couldn't do it. In fact, I don't hit my animals, either . My children are all successful adults who work hard and my dogs are obedient animals who always aim to please me.

I started galloping racehorses at 12. By the time the meet at the Fairgrounds in New Orleans started I was 16. I had a Honda XL 350 motorcycle that I rode to NO. I galloped horses until I was 17. I went to CA to enlist in the marine corps so I wouldn't have to go through boot camp at Paris Island. When I came back home I went to work on an offshore oil rig and did not come back home until I had the cash to buy a piece of land I had my eyes on. I still own the land. I have it leased to a farmer. I may never move back home but I always have a place to go where there are a lot of people who care about me.

Once you leave home it is hard to go back. I don't really like NC but being broke all the time is worse. I know I am not cut out to be a rice farmer. I could grow hay in LA for less than half of what I make here. I do visit a lot.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 05-17-2014, 06:17 AM   #19
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 560 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I too was drugged in the same way, I too needed it. Winds, all kids are different my daughter almost never was spanked because it was never necessary she very seldom misbehaved and usually that "dad stare" would deal with the problem.

I jokingly exaggerate that Sister Consolata beat me once a week just for the things she didn't catch me doing in addition to the beatings I got for the things she actually caught me at. Anybody remember the three foot long hardwood pointers that teachers used at the blackboard when schools still used blackboards. About 3/8 or 1/2 inch in diameter. They left a pretty good mark when swung by a severely pissed off nun.

The real problem is a combination of my parents generation (not my actual parents) not properly explaining the reasoning behind a spanking, and my generation thinking " I didn't like being spanked so I won't spank my kid" because they weren't taught the reasoning behind it. I have heard that statement from parents of my generation often, and in almost every instance their kids are hellions.