Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Was you drugged as a child. I was. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/you-drugged-child-i-106935/)

string1946 05-12-2014 02:49 AM

Was you drugged as a child. I was.

THE PARENTS WHO DRUGGED US...The other day I was talking to someone at a store in our town who read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and asked me a rhetorical question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?' I replied that I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather. I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the priest, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me. I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds. I was drug to the homes of neighbors & Grand parents to help mow the yard, repair the clothesline, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, my dad would have drug me back to the woodshed.Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin and if*today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

Axxe55 05-12-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by string1946 (Post 1574274)
THE PARENTS WHO DRUGGED US...The other day I was talking to someone at a store in our town who read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and asked me a rhetorical question, 'Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?' I replied that I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather. I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the priest, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me. I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds. I was drug to the homes of neighbors & Grand parents to help mow the yard, repair the clothesline, and if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, my dad would have drug me back to the woodshed.Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin and if*today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

well said String! very well said.

TekGreg 05-12-2014 02:56 AM

I can't add a thing. I have the exact same drug problem. ;)

deg 05-12-2014 02:56 AM

And those drugs had a name they were called "love".

Bigcountry02 05-12-2014 03:04 AM

If I was not drugged, my mom made me pulled a piece of tree for butt tanning session. If not the tree, she got the orange hot wheels race track.

I remember in High School days, spanking was allowed. The wooden 1 inch thick, holes in for proper contact and no drag.

Axxe55 05-12-2014 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 1574287)
If I was not drugged, my mom made me pulled a piece of tree for butt tanning session. If not the tree, she got the orange hot wheels race track.

I remember in High School days, spanking was allowed. The wooden 1 inch thick, holes in for proper contact and no drag.

my father didn't use a belt to "adjust" our attitudes when they got misadjusted, but a paddle made from a 1x4 about two and half feet long. yes, it had the low drag holes!:eek:

DrFootball 05-12-2014 05:37 AM

My Father was the strongest 5'5-1/2" person you'd ever want to Meet! For a Long Time I thought His Back hand was a Chuck Norris special......his Leather Gloves were a half pound each. It wasn't until my Teens that I found out the gloves had powdered Lead In them.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

WebleyFosbery38 05-12-2014 10:12 AM

I love that, I was also drugged to places I couldnt appreciate back then that I totally respect and adore now. Kinda like when my mom dressed me funny and made me eat stuff I was sure I was gonna hate. She even drugged me places she really didnt have much interest in so all of us might get a little learnin not just us little ones! Drugging me to school was one of her hardest tasks (or at least getting me on the bus), if she hadnt done that, I certainly would have decided to go fishing or hunting 99% of the days. My drug of choice was not my choice, choices came with age and maturity.

Too many choices, too early and not enough dragging make for a very confused and undisciplined adult that needs to be drugged with pills to deal with what they were never taught to in the beginning! I guess Prozac once a day is easier than due diligence 24 hours a day but the side effects of one are substantially more desirable than the other!

John_Deer 05-12-2014 10:43 AM

I was drug iike everyone else. I didn't do a damned bit of good for me. I was an emancipated minor at 15. The clerk of court could see that things were not going well at home for me. The clerk set up the emancipation hearing and stood by me to help me with the things in the legal system a 15 year old couldn't possibly understand. When the deputy delivered the paperwork for my grandmother to sign she slapped my face as soon as he drove off. That was the last time she slapped me in the face. She didn't see me again until I was 26.

wknight40 05-12-2014 11:10 AM

My parents loved getting us those rubber balls on a rubber band with the paddle at the other end. They would just wait for the rubber band to break. One we learned their method of madness we tried tying the rubber band back together and when that did not work we no longer wanted these "toys".

Another toy we loved as kids was the pinwheel on a plastic stick. These sticks were about 2 feet long. They made a loud whistling before impact.

Also, never laugh when the wooden spoon mom is using to spank you breaks. She just gets madder and then you hear those most infamous words a child never wants to hear, "Just wait until you father gets home".

Any of this happens today and people want to scream child abuse. Abuse nothing, it taught respect of other. It taught that for every time you misbehaved or did something wrong that a punishment would follow. Something that is seriously lacking in today's kids and younger adults. No respect of others.

Yeah i had a drug problem.