Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

This must be a popular email sent around, but in case you didn't get it. Reading it made me feel proud to live in this country.

When in England, at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just a n example of empire building' by George Bush.

He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of it's fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."

You could have heard a pin drop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, one of theFrench engineers came back into the room saying "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intended to do, bomb them?"
A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships; how many does France have?"

A U.S. Navy Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the U.S. , English, Canadian, Australian and French Navies. At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of Officers that included personnel from most of those countries.
Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking french?"
Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied "Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."

Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on.
"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically.
Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously
"Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."
The American said, ''The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."
"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"
The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, ''Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Had not seen those, but could not stop laughing. The last one was the best.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Those are EPIC! I love the last one, myth or fact, that is some funny sh!t right there....

JD

Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Too good to be true and, if they're not; they should be!! Got them in e-mail a year or so ago and deleted it...saved these to the HD. THX

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:10 AM   #5

I loved all 3, but I have to agree that the last one was the best. I also saved them to HD for future use. (soon hopefully)

The truth was always the truth, even before anyone figured it out. It always was and always will be.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #6

Why are three of the four about putting the French in their place? Speaks volumes about that country. We should have let Germany keep France.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 02-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNabb11b View Post
Why are three of the four about putting the French in their place? Speaks volumes about that country. We should have let Germany keep France.
Germany did not lift a finger for us during the Revolutionary War. France, while being fashonably late, basically helped us to deliver the coup dé gras. I do think after both WWI and WWII, we have repaid their favor. Their favor was in the best interest of the French. Had the US not been pulled into WWII for our own survival, I think the US would have let Hitler have France.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:41 AM   #8

Good point crusher, but Germany actually did lift a finger, against us. We fought German mercenaries during the revolution. The reason France helped us is because they were also at war with Britain.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."