Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "You actually believed me?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default "You actually believed me?"

I once told ex-Mrs. skullcrusher that the stop signs with a white border are optional when she got on me for rolling thru a stop sign. "If no one else is around, you don't need to make a full stop. You don't remember that from driver's ed?"

The next day, she was out with her father. He asked me if I told her that they were optional? "Yes, she did not need to tell me I rolled thru one. I was driving, I knew what I was doing." He laughed so hard when he told me that she was driving and rolled thru one, so he said something to her. She said, "Optional, it has the white border."

I said to her, "You actually believed me when I said that the stop signs with a white border are optional?"

Now, give up your stories of "You actually believed me when I said..."

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I unintentionally convinced a friend that the white cheese dip at a local Tex-Mex place was made with Chihuahua cheese (true) and that Chihuahua cheese is made from the milk of Chihuahua dogs milked by children (smaller fingers).

Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Last week there was an intensive search for a guy who parked his car on a bridge in this area and jumped 90' into the river. He was eventually found clinging to a buoy, covered in jellyfish stings and really ready to get out of the water.
Turns out that he really believed that his drinking buddy was going to jump, too!
Man who jumped into York River found alive, covered with jellyfish stings | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8321 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Took the kids, ages 4 & 6, on their first trip to the beach. Virginia Beach. Standing on the sand, with them looking at the ocean, they asked what was "over there"?

Explained that their Mom was from England, England was on the other side of the ocean, and if you looked REALLY REALLY hard, right over there.....

WHACK!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

Liked 1692 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 860

.....I'd respect you in the morning? I didn't respect you last night!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:44 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Back when I was fighting forest fires, we got these three inner city kids from East Lansing, MI to come work with us on some special program. They had never been in the forests in their lives and one of them was complaining about the flies that seemed to be bother flying around his head. I asked him, "did you freeze your head at all today?" He was like wtf? So I said, the secret to keeping the flies off your head was to stick you head in the freezer for about 5 minutes and the freon would keep the flies away. He looked at me all dubious, and then I pointed out the other guys in the dorm who were with me...the flies weren't bothering them.

He agreed and proceeded to stick his head in the freezer. meanwhile I was getting anyone and everyone still in the dorms to peak through the window and watch him. One of his inner city buddies saw him with his head in the freezer and asks him "What the hell are you doing?" He replies, "I'm freezing my head to keep the flies away." The friend looked over at the group of us at the window covering our mouths and laughing, and he says, "I got next."

Old 08-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I asked a girlfriend if she knew why the telephone in a hotel room had that red light that blinks when the phone rings? She said it was so you could find the phone in the dark (not a bad answer). I explained that it was for deaf people, that way they knew they had an incomming call. I never set her right and enjoyed it when she told a few people about it. Imagine if that was the purpose...after seeing the light and anwsering the phone what would a deaf person do?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

That's a good one. I guess she never got a message...

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #9
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
...after seeing the light and anwsering the phone what would a deaf person do?
They would put the handset on their TTY and have a conversation just like they do at home.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A few years back, I let a really loud fart rip in the living room. My girls were in their rooms playing dolls, or whatever in the hell girls do. They came running in the living room and asked what that sound was, and I told them it was a barking spider. We moved about four years ago, and they asked me if the new house was infested with barking spiders. They actually believed that for almost five years!