Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Yep- great parent........ NOT (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/yep-great-parent-not-35954/)

c3shooter 12-24-2010 03:25 AM

Yep- great parent........ NOT

I do not usually do C&Ps- but this is a story posted today on notalwaysright.com, a compilation of stories from folks that deal directly with customers- casiers, waiters, etc.

Child: “Daddy! Look at this!”

(The father comes over to find his child looking at an adult magazine.)

Father: *to me* “What the h*** is wrong with you? How can you let a 6-year-old boy look at this smut?!”

Me: *ringing up another customer* “Sir, I’m with another customer right now.”

Father: *waving the magazine in my face* “He is way too young for this! Why didn’t you stop him from looking at this?” *he starts screaming obscenities*

(My manager walks by as this is happening.)

Manager: “Sir, she is a cashier, not a babysitter. It is not her job to watch your child, it is yours. She was doing her job when you came up to scream at her. Now get out before I call the police.”

(The man looks embarrassed as he leads his son out. A minute later, he walks back in.)

Father: *mumbles* “I forgot my other son.”

JonM 12-24-2010 03:42 AM

heh blame everyone else for their lack of parenting.

skullcrusher 12-24-2010 04:05 AM

I was a lifeguard for several years during high school and college at a lake. You would not believe even then how little parenting was atop the minds of many parents.

And, as a father of a young boy, I always enter a store and just let him do whatever without watching him. :rolleyes:

I like the screaming obscenities part.

oneshot 12-24-2010 01:09 PM

Why did'ent the kid share with his dad?

See this is why i should be father of the year. This morning when my oldest son got up I told him that I was such a great dad that when he does not get anything this year for chistmas I'll pretend to be mad at santa.:D:D:D

c3shooter 12-24-2010 01:26 PM

Oneshot, just a note from an old man-

Be nice to your kids. They will pick your nursing home. :p

oneshot 12-24-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 408388)
Oneshot, just a note from an old man-

Be nice to your kids. They will pick your nursing home. :p

To funny but good food for thought

Bigdog57 12-25-2010 10:37 AM

Some years back, I was Asst Manager of a game arcade. A lot of moms came to the Mall, and would give Junior a crisp $20 bill and leave him for an hour or two while she went shopping. Heck, y'all know howFAST a 12 year old kid can burn through a twenty!? So he sits on the outside bench for the remaining forty minutes to and hour or more til mom comes back for him. :rolleyes:

Had one dingbat once bring her kid to me and say, "Please make sure he doesn't leave the arcade while I shop!"
I told her straight out I was NOT a 'day care' and had NO authority to restrain her kid. Ewww.... she did NOT like that! :D

Folks find it so strange I have never married or had kids....... :p
I do NOT need the aggravation.......