Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Yeah it's a cliche

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Yeah it's a cliche

But this is bad, bad juju folks...

Boxing kangaroo in cruel comic act

Chelsea White

March 05, 2010 11:00PM

IT is an image that will leave every Australian sick to the stomach. Our national mascot dressed in shorts and boxing gloves with a rope tied around its chest, goaded into boxing a human clown.

One of Australia's most iconic symbols is reduced to a cruel and insulting comedy act – all in front of a cheering audience.

Welcome to BorderFest – a US festival in the town of Hidalgo, Texas, designed to "celebrate" all things Australian.

The festival is sponsored by Kraft, the (US) owners of another Aussie icon, Vegemite.

The "Rocky Show Circus" runs at least twice a day, starring two kangaroos and their owner, Javier Martinez, who dons the clown suit.

Martinez baits the kangaroo by pushing it and repeatedly jabbing at it before placing it in a headlock.

If Rocky fights back too much Martinez's wife Sandra restrains the kangaroo using a heavy tether attached to a harness around its chest.

Martinez has repeatedly been investigated by authorities for violations of the Animal Welfare Act.

In 2003 two of his kangaroos died within four months.'

Boxing kangaroo in cruel comic act | Courier Mail

Quote:
If Rocky fights back too much Martinez's wife Sandra restrains the kangaroo using a heavy tether attached to a harness around its chest.
Too gutless to let off the restraint? What a complete wanker.

"I hope the kangaroo gets up on his tail and uses those great feet of his to remove that clown's entrails!"

EXACTLY what would happen if the 'fight' were fair

[And yeah, I know we cull & eat roos here. But a clean head-shot by a registered shooter is another thing compared to being tied & punched by some dropkick out to cash in]

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

This is in Texas? I am very embarassed and ashamed.

Robo, as our resident Texas giant with LEO creds, would you please go down to Hildago and "talk" to this fella for us?

TXnorton

Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Well, that was quick:

Quote:
A contentious circus act in the US which involves a boxing kangaroo has been cancelled.

Animal rights activists were outraged over the act in the 'Rocky Show Circus' which was part of the BorderFest festival in Hidalgo, Texas.

The Daily Telegraph reports the show involved a kangaroo sparing with its owner, Javier Martinez, wearing a clownsuit.

If the kangaroo fights back too much, Mr Martinez's wife Sandra restrains it using a heavy tether attached to a harness around the animal's chest.

The festival was designed to celebrate Australia and sponsored by Kraft, the US owners of Vegemite

In a statement released to the media, Kraft says the act has now been cancelled.

'We understand the BorderFest Association, which organises this annual cultural celebration, has apologised for offending anyone - particularly the people of Australia, ' the statement reads.
US festival cancels boxing roo act

I'd say that's a win!

(Can't piss off an entire nation of Vegemite(tm) eaters, can you? I mean no one else is gonna buy it )

So Robo and his industrial-size bollocks will not be needed

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #4

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's too bad that one of those roos didn't up and rip out the stomach of the clown. It's my understanding that kangaroos do have somewhat nasty claws on the ends of those huge feet and they can do some damage. That would have put a really quick end to this stupidity. Fortunately, it was stopped......