Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Yeah, but you want it anyway...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

After Broken Arrow, i wanted that Beretta machine pistol that Travolta used. (93R)

Was Combat similar to Rat Patrol?

Last edited by orangello; 10-03-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Was Combat similar to Rat Patrol?
Gello: Kinda, sorta but but really no. Rat Patrol was cool but it wasn't all that realistic. Combat! was (at least it seemed so at the time) a much more realistic depiction of a WW2 army squad in action in Europe. Having said that I did VCR/tape a bunch of Combat! reruns in the late 80's, and they did seem to be a bit cornier than I remembered them to be. But that may be the difference of early TV on an 8 year old's mind versus a jaded old fart (even then) in his mid-30's.

TXnorton

Old 10-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i know im getting a little off topic here but there hasn't really been a gun in a movie that i thought was cool but actually was kinda crappy that i really want that i could realistically get.

but there is one thing in a movie that is kind of a piece in real life that i have been in absolute love with throughout my life and have come close several times to buying but (probably luckily) have never pulled the trigger on.

A lotus esprit s4 or s4s. lotus' are uncomfortable, unreliable, cost a fortune to maintain (over 100$ for an oil change), and while they used to be fast, you can now get a camaro for about the same price that is just as fast and is comfortable and reliable. yet for some reason i have always wanted one and i just cant get them out of my head even though there are waaaay better cars out there now.

(the movie, much to my embarassment was pretty woman...not james bond!!! )

downloadedfile.jpeg  

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"-Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #24

Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt range(the Terminator)

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:34 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a fan of the lobby scene in the 1st Matrix. I've always wanted a Skorpion ever since I saw Neo whip out two of them and go to town

Old 10-04-2009, 02:51 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a little old fashioned, so I want one of these from The Rifleman.

rifleman.jpg  

Old 10-04-2009, 04:08 AM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
I'm a fan of the lobby scene in the 1st Matrix. I've always wanted a Skorpion ever since I saw Neo whip out two of them and go to town

Every time I see one, I think "Executive Decision."

Every time I think "Executive Decision", I think IGETEVEN.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
The Castor Troy's golden pair of Custom Springfields
ah *&^$#^*^%$ you beat me to it... those were very nice

Old 10-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
How many other old farts remember "Combat!"? This was in the early 1960's (and before color TV) so some of you younger folks may never have seen this classic series.

I used to sit in front of the TV in my PJ's with my toy Thompson and shoot the Krauts with Sgt Saunders (Vic Morrow) and the squad. That series imprinted lasting "wants" for WW2 era weapons in my mind.

I have a (Universal non-GI) M1 Carbine, and I am now in the process of ordering a M1 Garand from the CMP. I have my eye on a (semi-auto version) of the WW2 style Thompson at a local gun shop. I already have the Kar-98k Mauser that the Krauts used.

A bit later in Ancient History, Dirty Harry certainly influenced me to buy a S&W 44 Magnum, although I bought a 6" 629 (Stainless). In the same vein, a buddy's Dad had a .44 AutoMag (Clint Eastwood used the .44 AutoMag in the 4th Dirty Harry Movie). This was in the mid-late 1970's. When my buddy's Dad needed to sell some of his toys due to IRS troubles in the late 1990's he remembered that I had told him I would buy that pistol if he ever wanted to sell it, so I did.
+1 Tx

That was one of my favorite shows. Sargent Saunders, with his Thompson, the Lt. with his M1 carbine, Kirby with the BAR, and if I remember right, Little John and Cage both had Garands.

Always wanted to complete my whole collection of the weapons from that show...and almost there. Of course I'll never have all of the German pieces, but already have a luger and mauser.

Does anyone remember the other show that came out after "Combat", was along the same theme? That on had a character on their squad, I believe his name was "Frenchie" on the show, specialty was an underhanded throw of his switchblade knife. My other favorite show from that same time, the "Rat Patrol" , the 2 jeeps with their machine guns mounted, taking out the Germans in the Sahara.

Slo