Yeah, but you want it anyway... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Yeah, but you want it anyway...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 03:04 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Full auto Thompson .45 for me.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

The Castor Troy's golden pair of Custom Springfields

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I find myself wanting a "Mare's Leg" 12" model 92 Winchester like Steve McQueen had in "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Had the Mattel Model when I was a nubbin, saw the current .44 mag incarnation the other day at Chimo Guns.

Old 10-03-2009, 05:40 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The next closest would be Tom Cruise in the alleyway during Collateral

JD
This one? Almost made me want a USP.

Wanted a CAR-15 ever since I saw Sgt Zeke Anderson carrying one after the episode where Capt. Rusty Wallace was killed.
Bonus points if you remember what show.......

Old 10-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

How many other old farts remember "Combat!"? This was in the early 1960's (and before color TV) so some of you younger folks may never have seen this classic series.

I used to sit in front of the TV in my PJ's with my toy Thompson and shoot the Krauts with Sgt Saunders (Vic Morrow) and the squad. That series imprinted lasting "wants" for WW2 era weapons in my mind.

I have a (Universal non-GI) M1 Carbine, and I am now in the process of ordering a M1 Garand from the CMP. I have my eye on a (semi-auto version) of the WW2 style Thompson at a local gun shop. I already have the Kar-98k Mauser that the Krauts used.

A bit later in Ancient History, Dirty Harry certainly influenced me to buy a S&W 44 Magnum, although I bought a 6" 629 (Stainless). In the same vein, a buddy's Dad had a .44 AutoMag (Clint Eastwood used the .44 AutoMag in the 4th Dirty Harry Movie). This was in the mid-late 1970's. When my buddy's Dad needed to sell some of his toys due to IRS troubles in the late 1990's he remembered that I had told him I would buy that pistol if he ever wanted to sell it, so I did.

TXnorton

Old 10-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hahaha funny you should mention Combat. My father wanted that for Christmas a few years ago. So we got it for him and we watched it. See some of us young uns are carrying the banner

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #17
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Kusanagi View Post
My one weapon that has come haunt me from entertainment is actually from the video game series Hitman. The weapon in question is a custom made AMT Hardballer Long Slide.
The closest you will get is the AMT Automag long slide. They are 22mag. Not easy to find but much fun to shoot.

I admit I own DE 50, it's not gold plated but it is fun to shoot....and I own the AMT as well

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #18

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
I find myself wanting a "Mare's Leg" 12" model 92 Winchester like Steve McQueen had in "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Had the Mattel Model when I was a nubbin, saw the current .44 mag incarnation the other day at Chimo Guns.
Also had one of those toys as a youngster when my Father was stationed at Parris Island as a D.I. in the late 50s. Shot little plastic bullets.

As for "want it anyway," nothing from the movies. I just want an M1 Garand. No frills. No special additives. Plain, simple Garand. I'm sure my Father would get a kick out of it. He went through WW II, Korea and 2 tours in Vietnam before he retired from the Marine Corps.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

The Walther PPK in 7.65mm (.32acp) James Bond gun... Just so i can walk around the house in my undies with the pistol, humming the James Bond theme to myself

Old 10-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
This one? Almost made me want a USP.

Wanted a CAR-15 ever since I saw Sgt Zeke Anderson carrying one after the episode where Capt. Rusty Wallace was killed.
Bonus points if you remember what show.......
That's the one, but it's not a fullsize, it was their compact. Definitely a good scene of the movie though...