The yard sign

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The yard sign

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default The yard sign

Probably not true but.... Anyone seen this before?

From a guy in Florida :

My neighbor is a "lefty" of sorts (Obama bumper stickers, gung-ho

socialized medicine, "guns should be banned", etc.). So this past spring

I put this sign up in my yard after one of his anti-gun rants at a neighborhood

cocktail party. The sign wasn't up more than an hour before he called the police

and wanted them to make me take down the sign. Fortunately, the officer politely

informed him that it was not their job to take such action without a court order and that he

had to file a complaint "downtown" first, which would be reviewed by the city attorney

to see if it violated any city, county, or state ordinances, which if there was a violation

a court order would be sent to the offending party (me) to "remove the sign in seven days".

After several weeks he was informed that the sign was legal (by a quarter of an inch) and there

was nothing the city could do, which obviously made him madder. I tried to smooth things over

by inviting him to go shooting with me and my friends at the hunt club but that seemed to make him even more

angry. I then asked him if he wanted to go to a Tea Party rally but again he declined my outreach efforts to bring about

a better understanding between political and social opponents.

I am at a loss how to reconcile our long relationship (notice I did not say friendship), any suggestions would be welcome.

Maybe I'll ask him if he wanted to go deer hunting, which opens up November 1st, you know, just a bunch of guys running through the woods chasing Bambi, then sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows, drinking beer, and singing our favorite country Songs to the accompaniment of Jake's harmonica (he is a better lawyer than a harmonica player but don't tell him I told you).

I even made him a bumper sticker and that made him madder than he already was!

540d1da.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-31-2010, 07:08 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It looks to be a photoshop job. I've sen it before but it's funny anyway. I'm sure that something to that effect has taken place somewhere by now. It would give me a little chuckle to see something like that in a yard around here.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Seen it before. But it is GREAT!

I carry a 1 inch guardrail nut on a loop of 550 cord. Its not whiz-bang tactical, but one shot to the grape, and its coloring books for Christmas.

Advocate For Armed America Because Your Attorney Can Get You Out Of Jail, Not Out Of A Grave.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is a political cartoon.

"This is my rifle, this is my gun." "This is for fighting, this is for fun." -Full Metal Jacket

"I joined the Navy to drink in foreign countries and fornicate." -unknown

Old 03-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I would of just used this sign! LOL

File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (56.3 KB, 36 views)