Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Xmas Gift Ideas for a 1 year old girl???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 PM   #31
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7676 Times on 4430 Posts
Likes Given: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
I really appreciate your ideas! Thank ya!

As far as spoiled? Two words:

TOO LATE
I hear you man. But just remember, a well behaved child is raised to be that way from day one. You can't very well start it up later (although at age one you have a fighting chance).

Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #32
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6686 Times on 4042 Posts
Likes Given: 7955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Um, folks? She's one year old. I would get her one of those oversize plastic key rings with multi-colored keys for her birthday and a puppy (from the pound) for Christmas if you are a dog family (not just you, but Mom too).

Don't you EVER get her one gift and say "This is your birthday present and your Christmas present." Never ever. Even if the second gift is just a token, give her one gift for each occasion. Then take the rest of what you would spend and set it aside somehow (buy some gold or silver or start a savings account if you trust the banks---).

At that age all they really want from you is love and attention. Give her those in great quantities every day of her life and you will be golden (don't spoil her though!)
My oldest son was born on Dec. 23rd. We always had a separate birthday party for him. His birthday presents were always wrapped in birthday paper, not Christmas paper. But I'll tell you, as he got older, he WANTED his birthday and Christmas gifts combined because there comes a point where they want more expensive items rather than two less costly items.

I agree that money into an account is a good idea for a child so young. They usually have an abundance of toys and they really have no idea it's their birthday or Christmas.

And I don't think you can spoil children with love, only with items.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #33
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7676 Times on 4430 Posts
Likes Given: 9900

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't think you can spoil children with love, only with items.
Yes, for the most part. Many parents will be overly permissive, letting the child get away with anything and that sort of thing and they think that is "love", but its not. That is what I mean by not spoiling her.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:07 AM   #34

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedpapa View Post
A cardboard box is always a great gift for a kid. Especially a big one. Endless playtime that the imagimation can run free. Even my 5 year old daughter loves playing with a box.

Brian
Seriously big guy. My daughter broke a couple of family members hearts her first christmas. she was more interested in the big boxes her gifts came in than the giant stuffed bear in it. You'll look like a cheap azz to everyone except the child.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #35

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDbeej

Seriously big guy. My daughter broke a couple of family members hearts her first christmas. she was more interested in the big boxes her gifts came in than the giant stuffed bear in it. You'll look like a cheap azz to everyone except the child.
Hey carlsbad what did u decide on for a gift??? My daughter wants a new dirt bike so I got her a 2011 ktm sxf250 she is hell on wheels on her yz125 keeps up with my old ass now