Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Xmas Gift Ideas for a 1 year old girl???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357
I'm happy that you have such a wonderful problem/question. Unfortunately, no kids or grandkids for me so I'm no help. But it sounds like some pretty good suggestions so far.

My only advice should you go firearm would be to stick with NERF.
There is a gun now that i saw at toys r us a couple of weeks ago,i cant remember the name but it takes these little clear balls that you add water to and they swell. It looks like a pretty cool gun, i was gonna pick one up for my son.. theres also another one that takes little paper bullets that you also add water to. Im not getting that one, i dont need spit wads stuck to everything.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #22

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
There is a gun now that i saw at toys r us a couple of weeks ago,i cant remember the name but it takes these little clear balls that you add water to and they swell. It looks like a pretty cool gun, i was gonna pick one up for my son.. theres also another one that takes little paper bullets that you also add water to. Im not getting that one, i dont need spit wads stuck to everything.
Ha Ha!! I had one of those guns, it came from McDonald's with my Big Mac!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6675 Times on 4038 Posts
Likes Given: 7938

Dang. We use to just chew on a tiny piece of paper and shoot it through our drinking straws. LOL

Old 11-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
My experience coming from my two chitlens is, no matter what you buy them...they will always like the box it came in better :-)
When my kids were little, there was an appliance store in town. I'd always pull the refrigerator boxes out from behind the store and bring it home. The kids played in those huge boxes day after day. After the boxes got rained on a time or two, it was time to start watching out for a new box again.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #25

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

My kids always liked to draw or build stuff. A small desk was perfect! Kept the crap off the coffee table too.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
My kids always liked to draw or build stuff. A small desk was perfect! Kept the crap off the coffee table too.
I wasnt a builder at all when i was a kid, one of my buddies could build anything you wanted with legos..all i could build was a big rectangle and i said tht it was a sky scraper.. :-(

Old 11-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #27
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I wasnt a builder at all when i was a kid, one of my buddies could build anything you wanted with legos..all i could build was a big rectangle and i said tht it was a sky scraper.. :-(
That's too bad. My brother couldn't afford a car so he built this. It saved him a lot of money.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

That's too bad. My brother couldn't afford a car so he built this. It saved him a lot of money.
Shoot, i bet it did.. :-)

Could be a market for it

Old 11-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

Um, folks? She's one year old. I would get her one of those oversize plastic key rings with multi-colored keys for her birthday and a puppy (from the pound) for Christmas if you are a dog family (not just you, but Mom too).

Don't you EVER get her one gift and say "This is your birthday present and your Christmas present." Never ever. Even if the second gift is just a token, give her one gift for each occasion. Then take the rest of what you would spend and set it aside somehow (buy some gold or silver or start a savings account if you trust the banks---).

At that age all they really want from you is love and attention. Give her those in great quantities every day of her life and you will be golden (don't spoil her though!)

Old 11-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Um, folks? She's one year old. I would get her one of those oversize plastic key rings with multi-colored keys for her birthday and a puppy (from the pound) for Christmas if you are a dog family (not just you, but Mom too).

Don't you EVER get her one gift and say "This is your birthday present and your Christmas present." Never ever. Even if the second gift is just a token, give her one gift for each occasion. Then take the rest of what you would spend and set it aside somehow (buy some gold or silver or start a savings account if you trust the banks---).

At that age all they really want from you is love and attention. Give her those in great quantities every day of her life and you will be golden (don't spoil her though!)
I really appreciate your ideas! Thank ya!

As far as spoiled? Two words:

TOO LATE

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton