Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   X-MAS....Already.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/x-mas-already-51399/)

LONGHAIR 11-08-2011 02:19 AM

X-MAS....Already....

They have a Santa at the store already...How much sooner can they start this damn Holliday..Thanksgiving isn't even here and Halloween was just a week ago...I also heard X-MAS songs on the radio the other day,by the time X-MAS gets here I'll be sick of them,Hell I'm already sick of the whole X-MAS thing and they start shoving-it down your pie-hole.....:mad::mad::mad:

Poink88 11-08-2011 02:24 AM

It's the (bad) economy. Businesses are trying to get as much slice of the pie as early as possible. To some, their survival hinges on this so can't blame them. I can choose to ignore them anyway...which is what I do. ;)

MrWray 11-08-2011 02:27 AM

My kids love CHRISTmas

Bigcountry02 11-08-2011 03:15 AM

I had to go to Walgreens for the wife, Christmas decorations! Now, almost all are starting Black Friday deals at midnight.

winds-of-change 11-08-2011 06:14 AM

There is Christmas stuff in all the stores by me, too. I think it's because they can't hype and sell many items for Thanksgiving. They can for Halloween and Christmas but the stores kind of skip Thanksgiving because mostly it's food items that people buy but not many gifts or decorations.

After my Mom died, I couldn't stand Christmas. It was difficult to organize, my elderly Father would sometimes get angry if we all couldn't get together on the same day, etc. But now that I have a granddaughter I enjoy Christmas much more. And to be honest, Secret Santa here gives me a lot of fun, too.

notdku 11-08-2011 02:55 PM

I'm ignoring all of it till after Thanksgiving.

PanBaccha 11-08-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 622191)
They have a Santa at the store already...How much sooner can they start this damn Holliday..Thanksgiving isn't even here and Halloween was just a week ago...I also heard X-MAS songs on the radio the other day,by the time X-MAS gets here I'll be sick of them,Hell I'm already sick of the whole X-MAS thing and they start shoving-it down your pie-hole.....:mad::mad::mad:

I was at Walmart the other day. I couldn't believe
I heard Bing Crosby singing White Christmas all through
the aisles! And I was at Kissimmee where no one speaks English.
:eek:

fmj 11-08-2011 03:19 PM

what the pedlers have effectively done is ruin the holiday.

We dont do **** about it!! We dont decorate, we dont doa tree, the elder kids get some cash and the youngest gets ONE present. (prolly the compound bow hes been yammering about all year)

My family gets together on X-mas eve at my moms house (this year my neices) and eat food, drink beer and whiskey and generally yuk it up. Her family (minus me...they hate me...and thats fine with me) gets together X-mas night.

The commercialization of X-mas has effectively destroyed it and the meaning behind it!

I wonder what toy the idiots will be shooting each other over in the stores this year will be!?!?

Firearms4ever 11-08-2011 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34860

Saw this on Facebook.

fmj 11-08-2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firearms4ever (Post 622538)
Attachment 34860

Saw this on Facebook.

Yep, saw that too.