Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wyoming? Anyone Know any Facts??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Wyoming? Anyone Know any Facts??

So, it would appear that JD has some skills that according to a business type of head hunter are "ideal" for one of a couple of Project Management jobs, but they are located in Cheyenne, and some other city, in Wyoming.

This is a state that I have merely been THROUGH. I have never spent any time there.

Apparently housing is cheaper than where I currently live. And cost of living is less across the board. This job has a higher pay scale than I make currently.

So - Anyone from that area? Anyone used to live there?

Can you give me some relevant FTF based info ( weapons, shooting, crime, taxes, etc. ) from personal experience ( not pulled off a "relocate now" website. )

Thanks in Advance!

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Only thing I could tell you JD is that it's very cold in the winter. Spent a week as a kid in Yellowstone in the summer. It was still cold!!!

Oh, and cowboys. There are cowboys....

Cody is an interesting place.

9x18=Makarov

Old 06-17-2010, 07:00 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I can say JD your going to be talking to me a lot more in the quest to build you a P Doggin rifle. They gots lots of them out there.....

Old 06-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Cowboys and Prairie Dogs huh?

I am betting with this information I will be able to eventually solicit Benning to bring his hat down for a visit.

If I update my resume', send it off, get an interview and actually get hired... LOL

Anyone know if they have loose CLASS III standards? Yeah, I can google them too.

I was wondering if someone had first hand experience, like "In this county they are great, but in THAT county you can forget about it because they are Nazi's about that sort of thing".

Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Drove across it once years ago and there ain't much there in the way of population centers. Had a military buddy from there and he said the people are basic Americans and political correctness don't mean much to them. From what I know, if you can handle the cold - you'd be a happy guy as they like gun toting folks...

Old 06-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My sister's stepson moved to Casper WY last year. Housing availability was very limited, but prices weren't out of line with the salary (reporter). He has enjoyed it, but was amazed at how COLD it gets & stays. When moving into the apartment, there were lots of deer-type animals in the yard & parking lot. He has enjoyed his work & living there, but i seriously doubt he will be staying more than a year or two longer.

He did have a judge threaten to lock him up if he didn't reveal a source on a story, but his paper's attorney made a few calls & let the judge know who all had the boy's back.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have found City-Data to be a good starting point: Cheyenne, Wyoming (WY) profile: population, maps, real estate, averages, homes, statistics, relocation, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, moving, houses, sex offenders, news, sex offenders

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #8

Just remember the Wyoming weather vane. That is a five foot tall post with a 4-1/2 foot log log chain bolted to the top. If the chain is wet, then it is raining. If the chain is white, then it is snowing, if the chain is standing straight out, then the wind is blowing (a continual condition in Wyoming).

In Wyoming, anything less than 40mph is a breeze. 40 to 60 is a strong breeze. 60 to 70mph is a "fair" wind and over 70mph is windy (normal).

BN-Life - NRA
- NRA Certified Instructor -
I'm not worried about terrorism, I was married, TWICE!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I was going to spend the Summer in Wyoming once, but I was busy that weekend.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-18-2010, 01:57 AM   #10
MGH

I grew up in Casper, my parents still live there. My dad just got a silencer in Carbon county, I think the person he did the paper work with was highly recommended. I've only driven through Cheyenne so I don't know much about it.
Wyoming just past a law similar to Montana's made-in-state-weapons. They're an open carry state and it's not uncommon to see an old farmer in town with his pistol on his hip.
And yes, it's cold and windy.