Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WWP: Get Involved, Spread The Word

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 04:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default WWP: Get Involved, Spread The Word

If there was ever a good cause this is definitely one of them.
Our Hero's need our help. Please donate if you can and spread the word. Like the website says; " The greatest casualty is being forgotten."

The Mission:
The mission of the Wounded Warrior Project is to honor and empower wounded warriors.

PURPOSE:
To raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of severely injured service men and women,
To help severely injured service members aid and assist each other, and
To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of severely injured service members.

For more info: Wounded Warrior Project - Home

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No offense brother but if they can't show 75-80% going to the cause they are making money. A truly good project but it is for profit of those that founded it. It seems to be a nonprofit until you understand the monies paid to the select group running the project, they being paid well for doing nothing more than exploiting good intention. A nice website, you have to take some time to dig into it to understand, little or no money is going to those that might need the support.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 AM   #3

Do you have any links or reliable sources to support your statements?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
Do you have any links or reliable sources to support your statements?
Working off the link you offered, do your homework. If 70% or better isn't going to the direct effect with solid data (not yadda yadda from those asking for $) to back it up. it is pretty easy to figure out.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-20-2009, 06:07 AM   #5

From the website:
What percentage of my donation goes directly to wounded warriors?

We continuously strive to keep administrative and fundraising costs associated with the operation of the Wounded Warrior Project as low as possible thus maximizing the funds available to fund the many programs and services offered by WWP. Based on our FY2007 ending on July 31, 2008 audited financial statements, $.83 of every dollar donated went to provide services and programs for our wounded warriors and their families.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #6

All I have been able to find out is that some scum bags have been running their own scams using the WWP's name. I read a blog that a guy bought a GPS system through WWP, when he mailed in the mfg's rebate, the mfg wouldn't honor it. That's the mfg's fault not WWP. All the negative articles that I have come across are "automatically generated transcripts", can't put any faith in them. The Washington Post did an article on Veteran Organizations that have ran scams, but WWP wasn't mentioned. I did come across this....

Quote:
NEW YORK (CBS) ― For many service members home from Afghanistan and Iraq a new battle begins to adjust to life with severe injuries. Fifty such heroes were here recently as guests of the Wounded Warrior Project, in a special program to rediscover the athlete within. They may be wounded, but they are not limited. That's the driving lesson of the Wounded Warrior Sports Festival.

Wounded Warrior Project
CBS