Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WW II in HD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default WW II in HD

Anybody see the "WW II in HD" on the History Channel? Pretty good approach to the subject, I liked how they followed several people for their accounts of the War.

What struck me the most was the footage of the nazis putting nooses around Serbian military age men's necks as they calmly submitted to it. May be hard to watch for some of you, but worth it. It is insanity to me to think that someone would just lay down and literally die. Literally. Guess it is the denial mentality, all the way to the very second when the nazis were pulling on their legs to break their necks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #2

I missed it the first time they aired it. Started watching it this time around. I wasn't aware that that much color footage was taken during the war. Most of the documentarys I've seen have been in black and white. I agree that the story line added to it helps make it more watchable. It gives you a sense of it being personable. These were real people and not just pictures or video images that we see.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 PM   #3

Great program. I think that particular footage was taken right after some of the sebians shot some germans (and rightfully so) the night before as an act of rebelion. The Germans were hanging random people as an example. I imagine most of the people went quitely to prevent more people, loved ones from being executed. What really got me was the Germans were hanging people with thin wire to prolong death. FN bastards.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 02-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #4

I cannot wait to watch this.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Couple more installments last night, great series. Have 'em DVRd so HH6 and i can watch them together. She is being a trooper, she's actually enjoying them (she has a great sense of history though).

I saw that the rest of the series will run through the weekend, covers all the way to the end of the war.