WTH do i do? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WTH do i do?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #21
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,973
Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Default

Don't worry about sis. Work on your girlfriend. Conservationists (read: hunters) actually protect the species they like to hunt as well as the lands they hunt on. In many cases, particularly up near me, a slow death by starvation is often the alternative to hunting. If you care about the animal, a slow, painful death is not something you'd wish on it.

Read about conservationism and talk w/ your GF. Let your GF work on her sister.

__________________
bkt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Being in pre med i assume your an intelligent lad. Being a hunter/conservationist i assume your an animal lover.

All these things being typed, YOU have FACTS on your side. PERIOD. There is absolutely NO reason to get angry or upset by this troll. The same goes with dealing with an anti gunner.

You have heard her flimsy arguments. Bone up on your facts and figures. The facts of how commercial grown meat is raised, slaughtered and packaged. Bone up on the FACTS of the good hunters do for target species and beyond. Bone up on the FACTS of how freshly taken game is better nutrition and more humane than commercially grown meat.

Think out your argument, and lay it to her. You have FACTS on your side.

If this fails, go with plan B. That being C3's plan. or both!

__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Is she a vegetarian? If not, what the heck is she arguing about? My favorite thing to say when I have parents that are argumentative (I'm a teacher) is "Your opinion has been noted"...... Eventually you will have to be a little firm with her because people like her usually don't stop. Heed my warning.....If you marry this girl, you marry her sister. If you want peace you have to nip this in the bud. Tell her that if she doesn't like to hunt, then don't do it. Good luck!
I told her it was her opinion and i respect it and im allowed to have mine. She actually says "your opinion isn't right" and i start laughing my ass off. Then she keeps on ranting. I just give her a stare and speak through my teeth saying "can you really stop" I'm pretty big for 18 around 6'2 and 210ish. so guess that worked too she stopped. But started few hours later haha.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You are not going to like my answer.

There is nothing you can say to this person that will have any effect on her beliefs, or the words that come from her mouth. You may as well try to hold a discussion with a zombie.

An appropriate response may be something on the order of: "Thank you for sharing your opinions with me. You and I have different opinions. For you to continue to attempt to force your point of view on me is bullying." THEN SHUT UP.

You, sir, are endeavoring to approach this in a logical manner. That was your first mistake (Well, maybe not getting a wingman to take her out of play was the first mistake) This person has already formed an opinion, and it is now the consistency of 28 day old concrete. Yes, it is based on fallacies, inaccuracies, bad information, propaganda, being brain dead, etc ad infinitum.

So what? What do makes you think you have the ability to sway what she so ardently believes in? Also known as "Don't confuse me with facts- my mind is made up." These are people that will stand there eating a chicken sandwich with a glass of milk, wearing a wool sweater, leather boots, and berate you for shooting Bambi's Daddy. DO NOT PRESUME THERE IS LOGIC BEHIND THOSE EYEBROWS.

Of course, you could take the underhanded approach- the next time she brings up the line about what grandparents did, SUDDENLY burst into tears. Audibly. I mean REALLY. Where your girl will hear. Weep inconsolably. Finally manage to stammer out the recent loss of a dear family member, and how disconcerting it has been to hear this person denigrating a departed member of your family that was close to you.

With a bit of luck, you will (a) receive sympathy from your lady (and I will not speculate on the form THAT might take- and neither should anyone else here) and (b) the Wicked Witch of the West may be designated as persona non grata by your lady (at least in your presence) and you will not have the airhead around to annoy you.

Yes, it is a cheap shot. But hard to be made out as a bully when your sensitive side has been so scarred by her thoughtless actions and comments.
Well said sir! When i was over at the gfs she was literally wearing a leather belt, a leather purse and leather boots... i asked her if she knew what they were made off? She said "these are just animal skins that were taken after they died" i couldnt do anything but laugh haha. I did presume she had a working non zombie libertarian brain in her skull...guess not.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Being in pre med i assume your an intelligent lad. Being a hunter/conservationist i assume your an animal lover.

All these things being typed, YOU have FACTS on your side. PERIOD. There is absolutely NO reason to get angry or upset by this troll. The same goes with dealing with an anti gunner.

You have heard her flimsy arguments. Bone up on your facts and figures. The facts of how commercial grown meat is raised, slaughtered and packaged. Bone up on the FACTS of the good hunters do for target species and beyond. Bone up on the FACTS of how freshly taken game is better nutrition and more humane than commercially grown meat.

Think out your argument, and lay it to her. You have FACTS on your side.

If this fails, go with plan B. That being C3's plan. or both!
I give her facts, the thing i dont get is how can you be so ignorant to proven facts lol. I told her that animals starve to death if we dont hunt because of over population. All she said was "I'm sure that's exactly what happens (sarc)" i'm thinking she got the point. And it'll be funny if did do C3's plan.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,466
Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Default Don't mean to hijack a thread but...

What is wrong with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
The facts of how commercial grown meat is raised, slaughtered and packaged.
I believe I am fortunate to live in a country with the most bountiful, safest, least expensive food supply on earth. I am also proud to work in the commercial animal agriculture industry as an animal food plant manager. I know first hand the procedures followed to keep our food supply safe.

I developed my love of hunting while growing up on a farm in FL that sent several hundred head of calves to feedyards in the midwest in the fall to be turned into, steak, roasts, hamburgers, etc.

I love to eat the venison, turkey, pheasant, dove, etc., I kill and clean, but I darn sure enjoy being able to pick up a nice thick ribeye at the local grocery store at my leisure.
__________________
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dragunovsks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: West of Louisville KY,Indiana
Posts: 2,310
Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Default

I once had someone like that message me on facebook and insult my intelligence and tell me i was an ignorant elmer fudd type gun owner/hunter. After attemping to explain logic and the facts to them it became apparent i was beating a dead horse so to speak so i reported thier attack. I wasnt looking for trouble on facebook, im only on there occasionally to keep in contact with classmates, old friends and co workers so im not gonna deal with that kinda of bs from ignorant lib types.

As far as your girlfriends sister, your not with her so why try to please her. I regularly tell my wifes sister off because she's a leach that sits waiting on her next gov't assistance check all the while popping out more kids like skittles.

__________________

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

dragunovsks is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
What is wrong with this?



I believe I am fortunate to live in a country with the most bountiful, safest, least expensive food supply on earth. I am also proud to work in the commercial animal agriculture industry as an animal food plant manager. I know first hand the procedures followed to keep our food supply safe.

I developed my love of hunting while growing up on a farm in FL that sent several hundred head of calves to feedyards in the midwest in the fall to be turned into, steak, roasts, hamburgers, etc.

I love to eat the venison, turkey, pheasant, dove, etc., I kill and clean, but I darn sure enjoy being able to pick up a nice thick ribeye at the local grocery store at my leisure.
Gatoragn, your commercial animal agriculture company? seems to be one of the exceptions especially if you grow animals that are cage free/farm fed instead of drugged up heavy weight chickens and cows. I think FMJ is referring to how other commercial animal agriculture companies grow, feed and treat their animals?

btw I'm no where close to knowledge you might be having about animal agriculture but i think thats just what FMJ thinks and that's what i've seen and read in books as well.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #29
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
fmj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Fort Wayne,IN
Posts: 3,454
Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
What is wrong with this?



I believe I am fortunate to live in a country with the most bountiful, safest, least expensive food supply on earth. I am also proud to work in the commercial animal agriculture industry as an animal food plant manager. I know first hand the procedures followed to keep our food supply safe.

I developed my love of hunting while growing up on a farm in FL that sent several hundred head of calves to feedyards in the midwest in the fall to be turned into, steak, roasts, hamburgers, etc.

I love to eat the venison, turkey, pheasant, dove, etc., I kill and clean, but I darn sure enjoy being able to pick up a nice thick ribeye at the local grocery store at my leisure.
What is wrong he asks!? A bit touchy if you ask me. Usually one that pops off without provocation is one that KNOWS there is much wrong.

But....

Having spent many a year during my youth on commercial hog, and poultry farms ( most beef is from free range) there is MUCH wrong with a couple hundred head of hog living belly deep in fecal matter. Chickens packed in tiny cages. Animals so jacked full of antibiotics and growth hormones its not even funny!

You can try to argue its safe and humane all you want....but its a lie.

I also know of a few operations that have changed their ways in the past couple decades. They have gone to a more "free range" style. But most still overuse antibiotics and steroids.

If most of the population were to go into the bowels of commercial processing plants, of any type of food, most would probably start producing there own food. (not one of these dog and pony show "tours" done by management.)

and with that i am done here on this subject...asked and answered.
__________________
"Those that would trade essential liberty for temporary security deserve neither liberty nor security." - Benjammin Franklin

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
fmj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes