WTH do i do? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WTH do i do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2644 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 2551

Why do you feel the need to justify yourself to this ding bat? Grow a set and tell her to go f@#k herself. Just another typical liberal "I don't like it so you shouldn't do it either".

Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Why do you feel the need to justify yourself to this ding bat? Grow a set and tell her to go f@#k herself. Just another typical liberal "I don't like it so you shouldn't do it either".
Thats my next step if she does it again, I try to hold of getting upset if possible, but i'm gonna show her different research stuff about how we help wildlife, if she does $hit like that again, im taking your route to shutting her up
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #13

Liked 2644 Times on 1193 Posts
Likes Given: 2551

I didn't say get angry. Just remember that.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Through her ass out at Yellowstone wearing a bacon suit; ask her to re-evaluate her anti-hunting stance after her jog.

Ali wouldn't happen to be the chunky, less-popular sister now would she? Things that make me go hmmm.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #15

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Tell her hunting animals in the wild is the boring part of killing because the animals don't shoot back. However, hunting the animals in a war zone is a totally different experience.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2985 Times on 1493 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt View Post
Alright, so my gf and i started dating the summer between junior and senior year of high school, we now go to same college as well , we didn't plan it that way though. Thats just a little background info.

My girl recently got into guns, so that's a good success...anti-gun to shooting when we can and now having her own 22lr .

So I'm over at her place flipping through channels and we were watching some random hunting channel, and my the gf was asking what it is like to hunt ( ) and we were just sitting talking about my hunts, how everyone in my family hunts and just some random hunting stories as a kid. Mary (my gf) leaves to make me food (she likes making me food ), and her sister casually comes in, she asks me to change the channel, so i just give her the remote and say "anything you want". Then she starts talking crap about how hunters are stupid for hunting, and kill "all the members of the poor lil cutie family" i though she was kidding and said "yea sure what ever" then she goes into all the random $hlty crap about how hunters shoot animals for no reason and then shows me an anti-gun/anti hunting website on her laptop and basically starts "yelling" at me saying we cause car crashes bc the deers are scared of hunters and run out onto roads, we hurt the population, we harm the animals habitat, and that we just hide behind an excuse saying its "what my mother f*#king grandparents did" now that really pissed me off bc my gpa just died and he, my dad and i were hunting buddies, so it hurt me, so i told Mary just to talk to her sis to calm down. Mary talked to her sis about how its just a personal thing to hunt or not and that its nice to hunt because he (referring to me) likes being in nautre. and then her sister (Ali) is like yea i guess so. Yesterday i go over to hers to pick her up for a date...same thing when Mary is getting ready. Ali starts talking crap about how hunters suck and she used "oh my grandparents hunt and $hlt" as the excuse that we use. It kinda ruined the date because I'm still upset about losing my grandpa, how do i deal with her crap without upsetting anyone?

Ali isn't young shes around 23, im 18 im a bio/premed student going into medicine later. She picks on me saying i'll be a bad doctor because i kill animals... no idea what to say. So far I've just been ignoring her **** because when I'm angry, I don't stay calm and usually yell. But shes starting to get on my nerves now haha. SO any tips to deal with people like this?

Thanks in advance
Does she eat meat? If so, she needs to shut up. If she wants to whine about poor little Bambi, fine, but the life cycle of her last burger wasn't exactly anything to be happy about if she's going to get all warm & fuzzy about animal feelings.

Remember, liberalism is a mental disorder.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Last edited by Overkill0084; 05-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Is she a vegetarian? If not, what the heck is she arguing about? My favorite thing to say when I have parents that are argumentative (I'm a teacher) is "Your opinion has been noted"...... Eventually you will have to be a little firm with her because people like her usually don't stop. Heed my warning.....If you marry this girl, you marry her sister. If you want peace you have to nip this in the bud. Tell her that if she doesn't like to hunt, then don't do it. Good luck!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You can also tell her that if people don't hunt that the wildlife population would increase to the point that the animals would starve to death because they would run out of food sooner than later.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

a little karate chop to her throat mid sentence can go a long way.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9209 Times on 3974 Posts
Likes Given: 1441

You are not going to like my answer.

There is nothing you can say to this person that will have any effect on her beliefs, or the words that come from her mouth. You may as well try to hold a discussion with a zombie.

An appropriate response may be something on the order of: "Thank you for sharing your opinions with me. You and I have different opinions. For you to continue to attempt to force your point of view on me is bullying." THEN SHUT UP.

You, sir, are endeavoring to approach this in a logical manner. That was your first mistake (Well, maybe not getting a wingman to take her out of play was the first mistake) This person has already formed an opinion, and it is now the consistency of 28 day old concrete. Yes, it is based on fallacies, inaccuracies, bad information, propaganda, being brain dead, etc ad infinitum.

So what? What do makes you think you have the ability to sway what she so ardently believes in? Also known as "Don't confuse me with facts- my mind is made up." These are people that will stand there eating a chicken sandwich with a glass of milk, wearing a wool sweater, leather boots, and berate you for shooting Bambi's Daddy. DO NOT PRESUME THERE IS LOGIC BEHIND THOSE EYEBROWS.

Of course, you could take the underhanded approach- the next time she brings up the line about what grandparents did, SUDDENLY burst into tears. Audibly. I mean REALLY. Where your girl will hear. Weep inconsolably. Finally manage to stammer out the recent loss of a dear family member, and how disconcerting it has been to hear this person denigrating a departed member of your family that was close to you.

With a bit of luck, you will (a) receive sympathy from your lady (and I will not speculate on the form THAT might take- and neither should anyone else here) and (b) the Wicked Witch of the West may be designated as persona non grata by your lady (at least in your presence) and you will not have the airhead around to annoy you.

Yes, it is a cheap shot. But hard to be made out as a bully when your sensitive side has been so scarred by her thoughtless actions and comments.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.