WTH do i do?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WTH do i do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default WTH do i do?

Alright, so my gf and i started dating the summer between junior and senior year of high school, we now go to same college as well , we didn't plan it that way though. Thats just a little background info.

My girl recently got into guns, so that's a good success...anti-gun to shooting when we can and now having her own 22lr .

So I'm over at her place flipping through channels and we were watching some random hunting channel, and my the gf was asking what it is like to hunt ( ) and we were just sitting talking about my hunts, how everyone in my family hunts and just some random hunting stories as a kid. Mary (my gf) leaves to make me food (she likes making me food ), and her sister casually comes in, she asks me to change the channel, so i just give her the remote and say "anything you want". Then she starts talking crap about how hunters are stupid for hunting, and kill "all the members of the poor lil cutie family" i though she was kidding and said "yea sure what ever" then she goes into all the random $hlty crap about how hunters shoot animals for no reason and then shows me an anti-gun/anti hunting website on her laptop and basically starts "yelling" at me saying we cause car crashes bc the deers are scared of hunters and run out onto roads, we hurt the population, we harm the animals habitat, and that we just hide behind an excuse saying its "what my mother f*#king grandparents did" now that really pissed me off bc my gpa just died and he, my dad and i were hunting buddies, so it hurt me, so i told Mary just to talk to her sis to calm down. Mary talked to her sis about how its just a personal thing to hunt or not and that its nice to hunt because he (referring to me) likes being in nautre. and then her sister (Ali) is like yea i guess so. Yesterday i go over to hers to pick her up for a date...same thing when Mary is getting ready. Ali starts talking crap about how hunters suck and she used "oh my grandparents hunt and $hlt" as the excuse that we use. It kinda ruined the date because I'm still upset about losing my grandpa, how do i deal with her crap without upsetting anyone?

Ali isn't young shes around 23, im 18 im a bio/premed student going into medicine later. She picks on me saying i'll be a bad doctor because i kill animals... no idea what to say. So far I've just been ignoring her **** because when I'm angry, I don't stay calm and usually yell. But shes starting to get on my nerves now haha. SO any tips to deal with people like this?

Thanks in advance

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by 94browninghunt; 05-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #2

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I will tell you good luck, you won't like or find helpful my advice. Sorry its like that, my sis in law is pretty much the same. Lots of talking, but she was more mature and curious than hateful. She is by no means wanting to shoot or hunt, but now she understands why I do. Good luck lil man....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

You could try explaining to her that hunting helps to keep the populations down and prevent many of the animals from starving. Without this culling many game species would quickly overwhelm their habitats resources. Unfortunately it sounds as if she has learned everything she needs to know from PETA or The Sierra Club and doesn't really care about your opinions or feelings. Either express your disagreement and agree to disagree or tell her to STFU.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Pull up a video of how cows and chickens are killed and explain to her that hunters help to preserve animals by keeping their numbers in check and that a good portion of licensing fees etc pays for protecting the wild areas they live in.
If she won't listen. Screw her she is just ignorant and probably an Obama supporter.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

She's baiting you and she caught you hook, line, and sinker.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Ask her if she's a vegetarian, better yet, vegan, Then call her a hypocrite...assuming she's a meat eater.

Then tell her to stop shaving her legs and armpits and go live in the forest if she's unhappy with humans being at the TOP of the food chain.

Wildlife management is a HUGE human responsibility, hunters don't kill for the sake of killing, if they did, there would be nothing left to hunt, the last thing everybody wants. A significant amount of people rely on hunting for survival, ask her what she would eat if the grocery store was 100 miles away and she had next to no money to buy food, which sadly is the case for many Americans.

Sometimes you have to accept the fact that you just can't reason with some people.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Pull up a video of how cows and chickens are killed and explain to her that hunters help to preserve animals by keeping their numbers in check and that a good portion of licensing fees etc pays for protecting the wild areas they live in.
If she won't listen. Screw her she is just ignorant and probably an Obama supporter.
I might actually show her the cows killed in the slaughter house
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM   #8

Liked 200 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 109

If you are going to be honest then you will need to always admit that there are some "hunters" who do shoot and kill anything that moves. As long as you are not that kind of person, then you can talk about how hunting programs support wildlife management in your state by providing funding. And besides the excitement of hunting caribou, moose, elk, deer, turkeys, pigs, and game birds, hunting puts food on the table.

Vegetarians and animal rights people, mostly females who are projecting their frustrated maternal instincts onto animals, will never see eye to eye about hunting with you. So find out if she is one of those extremists, and if so, then don't waste your breath, just tell her you will both need to agree to disagree.

Philosophically, you could try to ask her to point out where her own ideas and feelings come from, whatever that may be. In a diverse nation on a diverse planet, the only hope of peace is co-existence. You can point that out to her.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Yes to supporting Obama lol, i tried to tell her that people like us pay for the wildlife, and she gives the $hitty rebutle saying its fake haha.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Ahh well then you're screwed. There is no talking sense to an Obama supporter.
Just tell her she is no longer welcome at your house and that you are lawfully allowed to shoot trespassers. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.