WOW My Walmart actually... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WOW My Walmart actually...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I just cant understand why they are limiting purchases on ammo. Sam Walton is probably as angry as a Wasp stuck in a matchbox! If he were still alive, he would be selling Sams Club Ammo and open a factory himself if he had to to fill his shelves!

It seems preposterous that a legal private merchant would limit their own margins beyond the US and State Laws! WTF are they thinking, has Government really sunk its teeth into private business that deep? My Own Small Business is so regulated, taxed and Over-Insured and Im a Multi-Media Engineer, I probably cant imagine the pressure BHO and Andy of Albany are putting on them but this is ridiculous!

Whats next, a Federal Seal of approval on the front door that says this is a safe business to resupply whats left of your 2A tools?
Every LGS owner is in our local walmart at 7am ready to buy everything on the shelf. They are so bad the sporting goods manager makes them wait until regular people that come at 7am get their ammo.

I knew that we would have shortages after the elections. In turn, I was buying cases of ammo last summer when ammo was cheap. It seems like these "businessmen" would have had the same foresight. I am just replacing ammo I have or am going to shoot.

Hell, I even bought a case of 223 ammo. We don't have that many squirrels around here. I have shot about 5 rounds of 223 ammo at rabbits in a cut over. I have to admit it is fun to spot a rabbit 200 yards away and cut the top of his head off.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #22
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7792 Times on 3988 Posts
Likes Given: 8892

Round here, they are Woodchuck Guns. Pesky critters that nearly no farmer in upstate minds seeing stuffed back down the hole with their asses in the air! Buddy of mine carried his 22 hornet with scope on the tractor, in the haymow, in his truck in the window rack (Even at school, he drove at 17). That thing killed more Chucks than a woodchuck could chuck.... You know what Im sayin! Truth is, he probably saved many of his herd and neighbors Heifers and Horses the need for a 12 gauge to their own heads when they break a leg in a chuck hole!

The public sees only what BHO, Steinmetz and BO Bo Biteme tells them to think, its a Huge Dangerous Military Assault Weapon!!!!. The 223 was designed to be a light, fast and accurate weapon made to inflict injury, not kill. Wounded warriors need 2 or more others to help thus depleting the response capabilities of the force your fighting. That isnt the case where these things happen in GFZ's, ("Gun Free Zones"), the targets were picked because they could not respond, not because they ever had a chance, like cows herded into a canyon.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #23

Liked 1332 Times on 789 Posts
Likes Given: 411

Quote:

I do realize that they are saying that but the law of the retail land is First come, First Serve. Its not like they are at blow out prices, just normal or higher.

I cannot imagine that the stuff is so hard to get shelves are empty, it may be con theory but it feels more to me like they are trying not to upset State and Fed Govt, afterall, didnt we just hear Biteme saying retailers should curb sales until he has a chance to make some new laws? Yes he did say that and yes I do believe they do have back door powers over retailers that dont follow suit the way BHO and Gang have "Strongly Suggested".

Im gonna have to do a little bullet shopping locally and see if were experienceing the same crap around here. Its time to restock 22's and 12's!
I checked my walmart yesterday after seeing this thread. They had the 3 box per day signore up and they were pretty much cleared out. a few boxes of 300 win mag, 22-250 and 270 was ALL they had. Supply and demand but they are not gouging their customers so they sell out because demand is very high.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:52 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
I do realize that they are saying that but the law of the retail land is First come, First Serve. Its not like they are at blow out prices, just normal or higher.

I cannot imagine that the stuff is so hard to get shelves are empty, it may be con theory but it feels more to me like they are trying not to upset State and Fed Govt, afterall, didnt we just hear Biteme saying retailers should curb sales until he has a chance to make some new laws? Yes he did say that and yes I do believe they do have back door powers over retailers that dont follow suit the way BHO and Gang have "Strongly Suggested".

Im gonna have to do a little bullet shopping locally and see if were experienceing the same crap around here. Its time to restock 22's and 12's!
I don't think merchants around here are worried about upsetting the govt. Our Walmart has signs up saying there is a 3 box limit for now so they can serve more customers. This will benefit Walmart by keeping more customers coming back to the ammo section in the future instead of going elsewhere. The local range put a limit on ammo when they got low, too. They run a business where people come in to shoot. If you rent their guns, you have to use their ammo (they don't want people putting something they shouldn't in their rental guns.) Other people (especially those who just come in occasionally) buy ammo there too. If the store doesn't have anything left on the shelves for people to come in and shoot, they lose business. Either way, Walmart or the LGS won't have any trouble selling their ammunition. I think they are just trying to be smart about it to keep as many customers as possible.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #25

Liked 191 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 89

The reason these things take time is that during the panic buying, there is still the regular needs of normal people who just like to shoot on a regular basis. Those ammo needs are getting backed up. We just need to get through all of the impulse buying, then the backlog of regular needs.

I remember in 2008's ammo run, I spent several months making almost daily calls to 4 or 5 stores to figure out when they had a box or two in stock. Others were doing the same thing and I'd often hear, "Some other guy just came in and bought the last boxes."

It will even out by summer.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face