Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > WOW My Walmart actually...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1088 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Who has the cash and is lucky enough to arrive as the shelves are being stocked.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 671 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 1802

My local Walmart just started a 3 box per customer limit. Love it. I've actually been able to get a few 9mm and 223s in the last few days. I hope they don't do that forever though. After the supply catches up that would suck.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
My local Walmart just started a 3 box per customer limit. Love it. I've actually been able to get a few 9mm and 223s in the last few days. I hope they don't do that forever though. After the supply catches up that would suck.
Yea that's what our Walmart is doing too!! They actually had some 9mm and 45 in stock. They said they receive 100 boxes of 9mm yesterday and we bought the last 4 boxes.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I just cant understand why they are limiting purchases on ammo. Sam Walton is probably as angry as a Wasp stuck in a matchbox! If he were still alive, he would be selling Sams Club Ammo and open a factory himself if he had to to fill his shelves!

It seems preposterous that a legal private merchant would limit their own margins beyond the US and State Laws! WTF are they thinking, has Government really sunk its teeth into private business that deep? My Own Small Business is so regulated, taxed and Over-Insured and Im a Multi-Media Engineer, I probably cant imagine the pressure BHO and Andy of Albany are putting on them but this is ridiculous!

Whats next, a Federal Seal of approval on the front door that says this is a safe business to resupply whats left of your 2A tools?
I agree the Sam would probably have his own ammo factory making ammo if he could have in these times. The reason I think that they are limiting the amount of ammo you can buy at one time is the same reason a lot of big box stores (Target comes to mind) have limits on the amount of Hot Wheel cars you can purchase at one time, so that others can have a chance to purchase some.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Fear is driving people to buy up everything on the shelves. The blame for these shortages really lies with which gun owner has the most reserve cash.
I have seen AR-15 rifles sell for $4,000 dollars in the past month. The LGS got in a shipment of powder Friday. One guy and his wife bought 20 lbs? I saw a fellow fill a shopping cart with $3,000 dollars worth of reloading supples.
Don't blame the suppliers for plotting against the gun owners. It is now a matter of who has the cash?
Lol for 4000$ I'd prolly sell mine too

0.o

Old 01-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I stopped by 2 Acadamy Sporting Goods and a Wal-Mart yesterday. Nothing in the regular calibers. On GB.com there are 2 boxes of 1600 22 lr going for $280 and $290. These are cases that Wal-Mart usually has for $89! Of course, Wal-Mart hasn't had any for sometime. The prices are nuts.

One guy in Acadamy (a fellow customer looking for ammo) says that's how the gov'ment's going to get rid of guns. They're buying up all the ammo until they can get a new tax on it. A tax so high that no one can afford to buy it.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 671 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 1802

If people would stop panic buying, the bottom would fall out... Ain't gonna happen though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 01-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 891 Times on 532 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I just cant understand why they are limiting purchases on ammo. Sam Walton is probably as angry as a Wasp stuck in a matchbox! If he were still alive, he would be selling Sams Club Ammo and open a factory himself if he had to to fill his shelves!

It seems preposterous that a legal private merchant would limit their own margins beyond the US and State Laws! WTF are they thinking, has Government really sunk its teeth into private business that deep? My Own Small Business is so regulated, taxed and Over-Insured and Im a Multi-Media Engineer, I probably cant imagine the pressure BHO and Andy of Albany are putting on them but this is ridiculous!

Whats next, a Federal Seal of approval on the front door that says this is a safe business to resupply whats left of your 2A tools?
Are you talking about their "X box per customer" limit or are they actually limiting how much they buy from manufacturers?

The X box per customer limit is to share the stock and make 100 customers happy instead of 1 customer (possibly a local gun store owner) very happy.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4568 Times on 2295 Posts
Likes Given: 4712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
Are you talking about their "X box per customer" limit or are they actually limiting how much they buy from manufacturers?

The X box per customer limit is to share the stock and make 100 customers happy instead of 1 customer (possibly a local gun store owner) very happy.
I do realize that they are saying that but the law of the retail land is First come, First Serve. Its not like they are at blow out prices, just normal or higher.

I cannot imagine that the stuff is so hard to get shelves are empty, it may be con theory but it feels more to me like they are trying not to upset State and Fed Govt, afterall, didnt we just hear Biteme saying retailers should curb sales until he has a chance to make some new laws? Yes he did say that and yes I do believe they do have back door powers over retailers that dont follow suit the way BHO and Gang have "Strongly Suggested".

Im gonna have to do a little bullet shopping locally and see if were experienceing the same crap around here. Its time to restock 22's and 12's!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #20

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts

Seems to be everywhere - I went by a local shop and they had some .223 in stock -- Federal stuff that was $8 per box a couple months ago - they now want $20 per box. Every gun store and chain store near me is out of .22LR. I wish I would have bought the AK74 I was looking at last summer as 5.45x39 is still a decent deal and readily available. Of course, there still seems to be quite a bit of 7.62x39 on the shelves as well. At least I have an AKM to plink with -- my ARs are getting a break until ammo prices drop back to a semi-sane level....or I set my XL650 back up for .223.