Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   WOW My Walmart actually... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wow-my-walmart-actually-82528/)

DFlynt 01-26-2013 09:35 PM

WOW My Walmart actually...

...had 5.56 ammo in stock today for the first time in at least a month, it was Privi Partisan ($7.97/box) and they had about 20 boxes, the guy said they had just got it in last night, didn't have much else in stock. This was in Festus/Crystal City, MO.

Forgot to mention they are limiting ammo to 6 boxes per person per day.

NC1760 01-26-2013 09:54 PM

..AND my back ordered 20 round AR magazines shipped yesterday from RGuns (they sent me a UPS tracking #).... so woo-HOO!!! Things are looking up!! ;)

Now... If I could just find some 22lr pinking ammo...??

CA357 01-27-2013 03:46 AM

I found some Remington 30-30 at the local Wallyworld today. They're limiting purchases to three boxes of ammo per customer period. So I bought three and my wife bought three. They only had seven boxes total and I was going to buy six and leave one for someone else anyway, so it worked out. If I'd been alone, I'd have been very disappointed to say the least.

Bigcountry02 01-27-2013 07:03 AM

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse (Favorite Watering Hole), the had some Royal Star 12 ga, slugs (low recoil and regular) 0000 buck for dirt cheap. Remington and Federal were sold out. The 12 gauge selection is thinning out.

I am going to the range in the morning; however, been instructed by the wife to conserve the ammo.

CA357 01-27-2013 07:29 AM

Yeah, the days of lettin' em rip are over unless you're stocked deep and wide.

AR10 01-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DFlynt (Post 1111337)
...had 5.56 ammo in stock today for the first time in at least a month, it was Privi Partisan and they had about 20 boxes, the guy said they had just got it in last night, didn't have much else in stock. This was in Festus/Crystal City, MO.

Forgot to mention they are limiting ammo to 6 boxes per person per day.

Doing the math, they made 3 and one third people happy.

AR10 01-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 1111950)
I was at Sportsman's Warehouse (Favorite Watering Hole), the had some Royal Star 12 ga, slugs (low recoil and regular) 0000 buck for dirt cheap. Remington and Federal were sold out. The 12 gauge selection is thinning out.

I am going to the range in the morning; however, been instructed by the wife to conserve the ammo.

Your wife is a smart woman. My wife, on the other hand could be mistaken for a pitbull with an attitude problem. Lol

suzychapstick 01-27-2013 08:01 AM

our walmart in cal. had 223 american eagles yesterday, 30 06 and bulk 22. It was all gone in a couple hours though.

WebleyFosbery38 01-27-2013 11:00 AM

I just cant understand why they are limiting purchases on ammo. Sam Walton is probably as angry as a Wasp stuck in a matchbox! If he were still alive, he would be selling Sams Club Ammo and open a factory himself if he had to to fill his shelves!

It seems preposterous that a legal private merchant would limit their own margins beyond the US and State Laws! WTF are they thinking, has Government really sunk its teeth into private business that deep? My Own Small Business is so regulated, taxed and Over-Insured and Im a Multi-Media Engineer, I probably cant imagine the pressure BHO and Andy of Albany are putting on them but this is ridiculous!

Whats next, a Federal Seal of approval on the front door that says this is a safe business to resupply whats left of your 2A tools?

nitestalker 01-27-2013 11:54 AM

Fear is driving people to buy up everything on the shelves. The blame for these shortages really lies with which gun owner has the most reserve cash.
I have seen AR-15 rifles sell for $4,000 dollars in the past month. The LGS got in a shipment of powder Friday. One guy and his wife bought 20 lbs? I saw a fellow fill a shopping cart with $3,000 dollars worth of reloading supples.
Don't blame the suppliers for plotting against the gun owners. It is now a matter of who has the cash?