Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wounded Warrior Project?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

We are both members of the WWP "Advanced Guard" in our house. We both make a monthly donation and we help with fund raisers and have manned a couple of charity events as staff over the past couple of years.

We have a "Tough Mudder" fun run coming up this summer that we are going to be staffing (helping build the course and then checking folks in) that is going to be EPIC!!

WWP is an EXCELLENT program and if you can spare some money, it is definitely a worth while organization.

And as if you needed another reason, here is our direct contact, check out his name.

JD

image001.gif  

Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #12

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
We are both members of the WWP "Advanced Guard" in our house. We both make a monthly donation and we help with fund raisers and have manned a couple of charity events as staff over the past couple of years.

We have a "Tough Mudder" fun run coming up this summer that we are going to be staffing (helping build the course and then checking folks in) that is going to be EPIC!!

WWP is an EXCELLENT program and if you can spare some money, it is definitely a worth while organization.

And as if you needed another reason, here is our direct contact, check out his name.

JD
Man, if 2012 is the year skynet becomes self aware u better stick close to him haha

Old 06-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I've donated a couple of times. Wish it could be more & more often, but funds are kinda slim for an old broken down peddler.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #14

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I won't tell you how much to donate but I will tell you that you should.
Exactly.....I have friends who get it and as a Vet myself I help my brothers who didn't come home......the same. Its the price of freedom and we ALL who serve gladly pay it. I go to local events and have helped sponsor/participate in a few shoots w proceeds donated to WWP. I also donate when I can

Last edited by Marlinman; 06-13-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #15

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Exactly.....I have friends who get it and as a Vet myself I help my brothers who didn't come home......the same. Its the price of freedom and we ALL who serve gladly pay it.
+1 to this as well.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #16

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
Man, if 2012 is the year skynet becomes self aware u better stick close to him haha
You can't imagine how many people asked him about The Terminator ("Where's your mom", "Are you watching Skynet", "Will you lead us at End of Days", "I thought you'd be taller") when they met him the first time he was in town. It got to the point where we just wrote answers on a white board and pointed to an answer when a question was asked... LOL

He's a scrapper man. He runs like a mad man possessed, does biathlons and triathlons, rides his peddle bike probably a million miles a year. He is just a cardio machine. One thing is for sure, I would follow him, he is a very cool dude and really knows how to motivate people.

WWP is a great charity and you can't imagine the response you get as a volunteer from the military members who turn out for the events! They treat you like gold and when you try to thank them for what they have done, they all say the same things about "duty" and "honor" and "the right thing to do" - then they gush on and on about you taking time out of "your life" to give back to them.

It's an incredibly humbling experience and one that I am not ashamed to admit does bring tears from time to time. All the people involved are just great, great people and the events are 10 or 12 hours of just fun and happiness and camaraderie and so many smiles your face hurts at the end.

I encourage everyone to just attend an event in your area if you can, it's contagious.

JD

Old 06-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #17

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

Default Wounded Warrior project

I've set it up on my Ebay account when I use Paypal as one of two automatic donation requests (the other being the ASPCA) ...and it asks if I would like to donate an extra $1 when I checkout for payment. Over the course of a year it adds up. Besides... what's a dollar here and there to me? I would rather it go out and do some good than blow it on a soda or latte.

Last time I saw Kiss here in Raleigh they donated $32,000 to the WWP on stage. Gave a big check to an active 82nd Airborne soldier.