Would you rather - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Would you rather

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #51
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,783
Liked 1776 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 9861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toroboy View Post
I will take option #3 even though it's not been disclosed. It can't be any worse than either of the first two options...


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
I don't know about that. I myself would reconsider.

With some of the sickos on here I have no doubt that it just may include using a nail gun on rather senssative parts of your body..............
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:51 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem,Oregon
Posts: 756
Liked 306 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 895

Default

I have been divorced twice. I call both my exes occasionally just to say hi. They are both doing ok.

RN Cindy, You might find Mr Right when you aren't looking.

__________________

Married 28 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Mongo is online now  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:18 AM   #53
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,941
Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9838

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
RN Cindy, You might find Mr Right when you aren't looking.
That is absolutely true. People used to say that to me and that's exactly what happened. I used to hate when people would say that to me. But love happened to me when I was trying to avoid it. LOL

kfox75, you sound like an honourably, trustworthy. respectful man. Believe me, I could trash talk my ex, I just choose not to. Balota knows much of what happened in my marriage. But that only came out as time goes by in our relationship.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus

Last edited by winds-of-change; 06-19-2014 at 01:45 AM.
winds-of-change is offline  
kfox75 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #54
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,783
Liked 1776 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 9861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I have been divorced twice. I call both my exes occasionally just to say hi. They are both doing ok.

RN Cindy, You might find Mr Right when you aren't looking.
That second part is how my wife and i wound up together.

Both of us knew each other in high school, and we met at the local skating rink when I was 15 to her 19. After the rink closed, most of us that hung out there drifted apart. 18 years later, I went to her house to pick up a mutual friend's kids, and we got to talking, which re-kindled our friendship.

About a year later, she had some family troubles crop up at home (Siblings trying to run her life), and got fed up with it to the point of leaving. I was back home with my parents, and my mother had offered her a place to stay if needed, so she took her up on it. our friendship became more over the next few months, and we got married 5 years later.

Neither one of us was looking, but it just worked out. That was 13 years ago.

hang in there Cindy. The right one will come along when you aren't looking to find him. For all you know, you may have already met.

My God! My life does sound like an d@mn country song!

__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:56 AM   #55
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,783
Liked 1776 Times on 1096 Posts
Likes Given: 9861

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
That is absolutely true. People used to say that to me and that's exactly what happened. I used to hate when people would say that to me. But love happened to me when I was trying to avoid it. LOL

kfox75, you sound like an honourably, trustworthy. respectful man. Believe me, I could trash talk my ex, I just choose not to. Balota knows much of what happened in my marriage. But that only came out as time goes by in our relationship.
I try to be, but opinions do vary. I can honestly say that I am a better man now than I was 10 years ago in some ways. In other's I am still unchanged. Honor, trust, and respect are things I learned early in life, and they are principals I live by. My biggest problem in our currently too PC world is that I do call a spade a spade. Hence, those who do not know me think of me as an A$$#@!e, and I tend to agree with them. By the same token, those that do take the time to get to know me take me for who I am, as it should be.

It took me close to 5 years after my divorce to even feel comfortable talking with someone else, even my parents and my wife, about it. My parents were married for 33 years when mom died, and were together for over 40 years from when they started dating. I made it to 3.5 years. felt a little bit of shame there to say the least. things happen for a reason, but that never makes the pain hurt any less, as I am sure you and Balota both know.

Now, if I can just learn to stop looking over my shoulder and expecting to be blindsided .............. Old habits die hard.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

kfox75 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rn-cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Working off the rent...on RGs farm S/W OhiO
Posts: 1,846
Liked 1931 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 2725

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I have been divorced twice. I call both my exes occasionally just to say hi. They are both doing ok.

RN Cindy, You might find Mr Right when you aren't looking.
I hope your right because iv'e stopped looking (for now)....It's not as easy as you might think these days to find a guy my age that has a conservative viewpoint, a work ethic, good hearted, not a pot head, a sense of humor (will need it with me...lol)...that isn't already taken.......
__________________

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

rn-cindy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rn-cindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Working off the rent...on RGs farm S/W OhiO
Posts: 1,846
Liked 1931 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 2725

Default

You gotta love how this thread started out as something that should have been dead on arrival......and has somehow become the catalyst for some significant conversations....

__________________

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

rn-cindy is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Franklin1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 523
Liked 446 Times on 246 Posts
Likes Given: 897

Default

I've never been married (only 19!), so I'm not going to act like I've been through anything like you kind folks have. That being said, I think I share a lot with Kfox.

People call me a a$$hole all the time. My friends tell me that I'm the most honest person that they have ever met. Some people don't like being told the truth, and apparently I'm a bad person for telling them anyways. Sorry, but I refuse to lie. Also, I am not politically correct by any means!

My ex-girlfriend cheated on me. It was my first serious relationship, so I took it really hard. The guy she cheated on me with was someone I used to consider a friend. When I talk about what she did, I don't really consider it trash talking. I wasn't the perfect guy, noone is. But she could have just simply ended the relationship. A couple weeks before she told me she was cheating on me, I talked to her and told her that I was having second thoughts about our relationship. She started crying and begging me not to leave her.

After all of that, I developed the same habit that Kfox did. I can't stop looking over my shoulder. Even though I'm with a girl I've known for 5 years now, and someone that I trust completely, I can't help but expect to have something like that happen again. I feel bad thinking that way, but I can't help it. Even new habits die hard.

__________________

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

Franklin1995 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:35 AM   #59
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,941
Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9838

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
I hope your right because iv'e stopped looking (for now)....It's not as easy as you might think these days to find a guy my age that has a conservative viewpoint, a work ethic, good hearted, not a pot head, a sense of humor (will need it with me...lol)...that isn't already taken.......
The good men that are already taken sometimes become available again through no fault of their own.

I also speak my mind but I try to do it in a kind and respectful way. It's not always what you say but how you say it. Often, you can have a bigger impact if you don't lose your audience with the first few words out of your mouth.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:35 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Steel_Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cochise County,AZ
Posts: 1,766
Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
I hope your right because iv'e stopped looking (for now)....It's not as easy as you might think these days to find a guy my age that has a conservative viewpoint, a work ethic, good hearted, not a pot head, a sense of humor (will need it with me...lol)...that isn't already taken.......
You friend are also a rare jewel in these times. You have excellent standards of expectations. Stay true to your standards, he'll show up.
__________________
'Steel cuts flesh / steel cuts bone / steel does not cut steel.'

Become steel or get cut.
Steel_Talon is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes